Monday, 5 July 2021

Monday ... another week hoves in to view!

Morning readers, 

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and packed it with stuff we're once more allowed to do, responsibly, of course! I also hope that Saturday's rain didn't spoil anything for you ... I only JUST managed to get my washing in as it started!! Thank heavens I didn't leave it any longer - it would quickly have become wetter than when I hung it out!!!

I've a make to share with you today ....... thought I'd break the seal on a new stencil I got just this past week, the six-a-side stencil from Clearly Besotted.

My C6 card
The front/back and inside of my C6 card and the front/back of the envelope
Hopefully, this closer view will show the fab foiling

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6 card and matching envelope
  • Card in white, cut to fit and mat
  • Clearly Besotted stencil (six a side - NBUS) used with a makeup brush, to apply Distress Inks in fossilised amber and spiced marmalade
  • Overlaying my Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.129) I added more of the spiced marmalade ink 
  • Penny Black foliage image (from "Allegro") and Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "brushed sentiments") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • C-artUS bee image (01883/1060) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and, whilst wet, I sprinkled Judikins "sticky stuff" over the image, heat setting. Whilst still very tacky I overlaid my gold foil and burnished firmly using my fingers to obtain the fabulous (and slightly grungey) foiling effect!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 28 - USE NBUS
  2. AAA Cards - challenge No. - SKETCH + (optional) CRITTERS .. I rotated the sketch, I hope it's felt I kept it close enough to be recognisable
  3. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 251 - ALL OCCASIONS
  4. Country View Challenges - July challenge - USE A STENCIL (or two)
  5. Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 150 - GET INKY


11 comments:

Pat said...

This is beautiful Kathy and I love the large honeycomb stencilling and the DD stencilling within and the pretty added silhouette PB flowers look great over the top, and finished fabulously with the foiled bee and a lovely sentiment. I love the yellow and orange combination and the coordinating matted layer which finishes it perfectly. x

Sarn said...

It's a FABULOUS card. Love everything about it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous interpretation of our sketch. love it. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Francesca said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

Jane said...

Fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Darnell said...

You've created a really cool bee/beehive design with the honeycombs inside the triple hexagon, Kathy, and your inside and envie are, as usual, gorgeous, too! The gold foil bee is a schparkly delight! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a lovely elegant card ! Thank you for joining our July 'Use a stencil or two' challenge ! Corrie xx

Cazro said...

Wow, I LOVE this card, the colours, design and images are just perfect. I love anything with bees. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Galz in our 'Get Inky' challenge. Caz. DT.

Lynda said...

Lovely card - so effective with the stencil. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda DT

N-Eva said...

Great card love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Jane said...

Hi Kathy what a fun sunny card. Thanks for joining our July use a stencil or 2 challenge over at Country View. Hope you are keeping well? xx