Morning readers,



I was in Christmas mode and thought that, perhaps, I should use some of my more elderly Christmas stamps. Today's make deploys a VERY elderly set, from Inkadinkado! Reckon this set has been in my collection since around 2014 - still stamps beautifully.
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in white and post box red, cut to fit and mat
- Using Scotch low tack tape I masked off a strip before using a makeup brush to apply Distress Oxide in candied apple
- Overlaying my Memory Box grid stencil (88517) I applied more of the candied apple ink
- After removing my low tack tape I stamped my Inkadinkado image (from 99507) using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "mini calligraphy") stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink - elsewhere my sentiment came from the "Simply Said" set and was stamped using Versafine Clair tulip red ink
- Crystal stickles used to bling up the stars, snowflakes and reindeer antlers
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Less Is More - challenge No. 447 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Dare2BArtzy - July challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- Dragonfly Dreams - July challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
- HLS - July Christmas challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) JINGLE BELLS
- The Male Room - challenge No. 152 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY



And now for an Artist Trading Card ...... yes, it's Halloween themed and yes, I KNOW it's well early but ... I am powerless to resist using these Halloween Grumpies every time I stumble across them in the drawer!
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in orange and white
- Smeared Ink "Halloween grumpies" image and sentiments stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Using a makeup brush I applied Ranger Archival ink in majestic violet to the white space surrounding my image, taking care not to get the ink inside the image space. Overlaying my Dutchdoobadoo stencil (470.715.129) I added further colour through the dotty section
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge - July challenge - ANYTHING HALLOWEEN GOES
- River of Creativity - challenge No. 3 - NO HEARTS OR MUSHY STUFF
- Creative Moments - challenge No. 218 - ANYTHING GOES
- Let's Create Challenge - challenge No. 173 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) PUNCH IT
- Leanne's World 101 - challenge No. 40 - ANYTHING GOES


I discovered that one of my makes earned a TOP3 over at Sweet Stampin today - thanks so much peeps, it's so lovely when you find out that people like your work.
Earlier this week I had an impromptu wander with a pal, been over a year since we've been able to do this so it was really nice to be able to, despite having to be masked in the car and (mostly) inside, but it felt something akin to normal! A lovely catch up over coffee too, at a recently refurbished hotel close to our local airport












24 comments:
No plans, except laundry and weeding, fun eh? and to make a card or two ofcourse. Yours is fab and well done on being the first one again
The sun is out and it is lovely here; not too warm and dry...so I'm not in a X-mas-mood... think this one at Lim is a pass again for me...
Good that you could make a card for this challenge! And a beautiful one!
Good to be able to meet again and do things; it feels pretty strange that we can do that! Think life will feel a bit different from now on, but, on some things that is a good thing :)!
Enjoy your weekend and sorry I haven't been here for so long...
There you are in your purple jumper! Looks like you and your friend had a lovely time. Plans for today well lets say rain has stopped play, outside at least. Your Halloween ATC is certainly anything but Hearts and Mushy Stuff so couldn't be better for our challenge and wonderful to see you joining us as well! Thank you from River of Creativity. x
I absolutely LOVE those Grumpies so your ATC (and the punny sentiments) really work for me!
Great festive make too. Can't beat a bit of stencilling and stamping can you?
Good to see you out and about having fun with friends.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
It has that distinctive Inkadinkadoo look to it Kathy, I have a good few from back in the day when they were so popular and easy to get hold of here, not so much these days it seems.
Great design with the red panel and perfect for our current theme at River of Creativity, lovely to have you join us, thank you and hope to see you again.
B x
Your ATC is so cute. Today I’m trying to beat the heat. It’s a day in the AC.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com
Nice creations. Well done! Have a nice day, Ankie
Very nice card! Thank you for playing at Dragonfly Dreams Challenge!
Your Christmas In July card is fabulous. I LOVE that reindeer image and it looks wonderful over the strip of stenciling. Thanks for being entry number one and playing with us always at Less Is More!
That’s a gorgeous stamp, well worth getting out again, and a fabulous card. Your ATC is so funny, love that too xxx
Also good to see you over at the Male Room Challenges. Still great card and certainly manly.Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges
Very lovely cards. It’s great to get the older stash out once in a while too! Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X
This black silhouette reindeer works beautifully over the masked vertical red strip Kathy, and I love the ATC with that quirky and fun Halloween image and love the colours. Congratulations on being in the Top 3 over at Sweet Stampin and glad you have had a meet up with a pal great photos, and you're living up to your name with your purple top..lol. x
Kathy, this is really elegant and so simple to make. I'm definitely keeping this idea in mind for my own cards!
Fabulous cards Kathy! Your Halloween card brought a chuckle ... thanks! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.
Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!
Fab CAS Christmas Card Kathy !
If we can make Christmas cards early, I figure we can make Halloween cards early, too, and yours is super cute! It's hard to just set aside all those great stamps for most of the year. I love both your cards and the products you used. I just this week bought several older wood block Inkadinkado stamps on Amazon. Oldies are goodies! Thanks so much for sharing your Halloween card with us at Two Old Bats!
Your ATC is awesome! I love that stamp set and would be interested to know who it is by! Really great job adding different aspects for interest on a one layer ATC. That image just puts a smile on my face!
Great Christmas card! I'm pretty sure if I look hard enough I have that stamp set too! You have some awesome layers here! Well done. Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and hope to see you again. Tammy DT
Great card and ATC, the grumpie sure is cute and fun and great idea to use it for an ATC! Thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats!
Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}
Cracking little Christmas card where all the elements complement each other so well. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.
Neil
You got it all wrapped up for our challenge at River Of Creativity with this one, fab! Thank you for joining us and hope to see you again next month.
Your ATC card is perfect for the Halloween Challenge! Love the "that's a wrap" sentiment on your mummy image! So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!
Beautiful stamp and great CAS design. Thank you for joining The Male Room Christmas challenge, I hope you'll also join our Birthday party challenge.
Post a Comment