Sunday, 20 April 2014

Happy Easter Sunday

Morning,
 
Easter greetings to all those celebrating today.
 
The current challenge over at Simply Less Is More is "Makes Me Smile" and I ALMOST bought the perfect stamp recently .... I was browsing in the fab store that is Violette's when I happened across a stamp that said ..... "I think my CHECK LIVER light came on this weekend!"!!! It made both hubby and I chuckle, however, I didn't buy it but I figured that I had to have to have something else in my limited collection here that would "make me smile" and, sure enough ... sunshine ALWAYS makes me smile, especially if we've not seen it for a while!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card panel edged with a Martha Stewart PATP set
  • White card panel (5cm x 9½cm)
  • Memory Box sunray stencil taped over my white card panel using low tack tape
  • Versamark ink pad used to apply ink through the stencil
  • Pan Pastel in Diarylide Yellow applied using a Sofft tool
  • Hairspray to set the PP's
  • Hampton Art sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
 
Pan Pastels have fortnightly challenges but their current theme is "Pretty shabby chic" so, as you can see, my card isn't really suitable to enter there, rats!

How are those Christmas cards coming along? It'll soon be Rudolph Day once again but, if you can't wait then there's always the "Use a Hat" hat challenge over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge! Hmmmm ..... well here's a card with a twofer .... that's two hats for the price of one! And, talking of "twofers", this card will also fit the "use embellishments" Rudolph Day challenge (gemstones) over at Craftbubble 2½'s Craft Mad & Loving It group (registration required) - Huzzah!




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of card in white and black, for matting and layering
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink and then close cut out
  • Alochol markers used to colour image
  • Inkadinkado flourish image stamped on to white card using a Versamark pad and then permanent red pan pastel applied using a Sofft tool, burnished with paper towel and set with hairspray.
  • On the larger piece of white card I applied the Versamark pad DTP and then applied the red pan pastel using the above method.
  • I used the same Inkadinkado flourish but this time inked up with Versafine onyx black ink
  • Mounting both white/red panels on black card  and then spraying with the Luminarte radiant pearls shimmer spray
  • The image was then mounted on to the red card panel using dimensional foam pads
  • Hampton Arts sentiment stamped directly on to my base card using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the larger text on the sentiment and the "fur" on my penguin's Christmas hat
  • Eight faux crystal gemstones used to embellish the hat band


Having made use of a number of snippets cards I shall be entering this over at Pixies Crafty Workshop too

Have a great Sunday

15 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Your cards certainly made me smile today Kathy.
Wishing you and yours a very happy Easter.
Hugs Brenda xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Good morning Kathy, Happy Easter to you and your followers. I have my family coming to lunch, so today is certainly making me smile. Have a great day.

Debs M said...

2 great makes Kathy - I don't think I have made any Christmas Cards x

Di said...

Super cards Kathy! Send sunshine quick, a rainy day here :(

Happy Easter!

/) /)
(-.-)
0_(“)(“)

Hugs, Di xx

thassos456 said...

Hi, thanks for your comment on my LIM card. I've added a close up of the cat, I hope it's better to see now :) Love both of your cards.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wotcha matey! Happy Easter. Hope you and Mr K have a lovely day. Look forward to hearing about it tomorrow. our guests have just left and we even had a lightning visit from the lovely Wynneth and Tom.

Two fab cards there. Both perfect for their respective challenges so I guess you could say you're on a crafty roll there :oD

Lx

Margaret said...

Fabulous cards Kathy
Margaret x

Chrissie said...

These look great Kathy!
Love that sunshine ray image!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Jen said...

great cards kathy

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
Less Is More

Hazel said...

Love it. Thanks for entering your lovely card for CHNC challenge 173 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for April - I'd love to see it there too. x

Mrs A. said...

Great selection of cards. Weather is set to be raining here again Monday so me thinks I will be in the craft pod making Rudolph Cards! Hugs Mrs A.

Skye said...

Two great card. A sunny day will always put a smile on my face too. Great design and fantastic sentiment

Skye said...

Two great card. A sunny day will always put a smile on my face too. Great design and fantastic sentiment

SARN said...

That top card is FULL of sunshine Kathy. Love it.

Cute little festive card too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Anne said...

Kathy I love the sunshine on your card!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Anne
LIM Designer