Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning,
 
Wednesday again .... is it REALLY seven days since the last one? We've been having such nice weather and such a lovely time that I really don't know where the time is going.

Last night saw us both heading out to one of our fave haunts, the Texas Roadhouse where we both enjoyed a fantabulous fillet steak - me 6oz and him 8oz - both good and cooked exactly as we both like them. There were storms heading our way so we went out  a smidge earlier than we would usually but ... it was well worth it as, within minutes of our return to the car it was chucking it down! The lightning was astonishing on the ride home too ... but we stayed dry (as well as FULL!)!
 
I've been crafting like a crazy crafting person too ... I totted up that I have made 24 cards since the beginning of April - OH MY!!! And here is the 24th ...
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square of white card, edged with a red copic marker
  • 13½cm square of white card for image panel
  • I swiped Distress Ink in worn lipstick and festive berries top to bottom and allowed to dry
  • Using my Versafine onyx black ink I stamped my Tree and sentiment from the Fiskars "Twas the night before Christmas" set and highlighted with stardust stickles
  • Using Memento ink in lilac posies and rosebud I stamped the parcel from the same set on to white card and fussy cut out before adhering to my card using dimensional foam adhesive and then a touch of stardust stickles to make the parcels "pop"
  
And an ATC I made too ...



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks: worn lipstick, faded jeans, dusty concord - pressed lightly on to the white card for the background
  • Kaisercraft "grid" image stamped using the faded jeans D.I.
  • Stampers Anonymous images and the above D.I.'s plus Versafine ink in onyx black and vintage sepia
  • Luminarte radiant pearls sprayed to give added twinkle - a fab spray - I soooo wish I'd bought two now - oh the benefit of hindsight!

So here is the photo of my work desk ... you will all be hugely surprised to hear that it's as messy as ever!!
 
 
 
Have a great Wednesday peeps

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gosh a-mighty. You've been crafting like a crazy person Kathy! More fabulousness from your workdesk. Happy Wednesday to you too :oD

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy, glad you avoided the downpour. For you, your desk is almost tidy today! Well done on the card production too. It's a wonder you find time at all, in between all the restaurant visits.

SARN said...

Gosh, YES, you're right . . . I was hugely surprised! NOT!

24 cards this month - that's brilliant Kathy.

Two fabulously inky makes here today. Love 'em.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great makes - well done on crafting up a frenzy x

Katie Berberich said...

Your 24 cards put my 2 tags to shame! I always end up feeling hungry when reading your blog! Filet Steaks? My mouth is watering.
Glad you stayed safe from the storms.
Katie