Saturday, 26 April 2014

Saturday chatter!

Morning and welcome to Saturday, another challenge day for me!
 
I recently shared with you the fact that I acquired another set of Christmas stamps - like I needed another set!!! I headed in to Hobby Lobby armed with yet another of those wonderful 40% discount coupons and snagged the super duper "Twas the night before Christmas" set of clear stamps from Fiskars .... I was most taken by the sentiment below and a fab reindeer but I Have yet to ink the reindeer - watch this space!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Sand coloured scallop edged panel from The Paper Cut
  • Black card and white card (coloured with a red copic marker) for matting
  • White Bristol Board panel for focal image/sentiment
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped on to the Bristol Board using Versafine onyx black ink
  • EK Success red "droplets" to embellish
 
Simple, straightforward and CAS - MY kind of card! AND it's another for my stash of 2014 Christmas cards.

Speaking of CAS .... the new challenge over at CAS-ual Friday is to use three of something .. so I might head off and see if I can come up with something there. And over at Simply Less Is More there is a sketch this week - wanna see?




Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of card with square cut out (used as a mask) attached with low tack tape
  • Tim Holtz mini blending tool and foam pad
  • Distress Inks: worn lipstick and dusty concord
  • Stampers Anonymous distressed star image and border stamped using Memento grape jelly
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

Chrissies Less Is More Sketch

Yesterday saw us heading out for a drive - stopping by Walmart and Target for some mundane "stuff" and a caramel Frappuccino at Starbucks .... and, after a decent interval we stopped in at the Thai Thani on the way home ....

Is it me or did you all think those chairs were upside down too?
Thai Thani at Celebration in Kissimmee

My delicious pad Thai dinner

It's Lovely Ron's birthday today so I hope you will all join me in wishing him a very.......


 
 
Happy Saturday peeps

18 comments:

SARN said...

Yeah - got me - I thought the chairs were all up on the tables too!

Great cards you're showing today. Particularly taken with the stars one!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely cards....and looks like they would be quickish to make.

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab cards Kathy - love the stars especially!

thassos456 said...

Great cards, love the stars card.

Debs M said...

great makes - I thought the chairs were flipped up too! Hope you enjoyed dinner - looks lovely! x

Gerrina said...

At first I thought the chairs where on the tables...
Like your LIM-card; so perfect CAS! Hope you're having a good weekend, Gerrina

Kelly Griglione said...

Wonderful cards! Nice inking to ground your stars on the last card. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Lilian said...

Great cards Kathy.
Thank you for the birthday wishes for Ron.

If I had walked it there i would have wanted to walk out again thinking it was closed as like you thought the chairs were on the tables and it would looked closed,
Hugs
Lilian
lilain

Lesley Thomas said...

No, it's not you, I thought those chairs were upside down too - surely it makes them harder to move around without a top rail. Love the cards today, though I am still resisting Christmas cards.

Chrissie said...

Great cards Kathy and I love the look of your dinner too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Helene said...

Lovely cards.

Anne said...

Kathy what super cards!
Thank you for your entry
Anne
Less is More Designer

Hettie said...

Yep! I was wondering why you were being shown into a closed restaurant with the chairs ready to clean the floors! Looks nice food though.
Oh I do wish we had Hobby Lobby, JoAnns, Michaels and Starbucks in the same town! Ho Hum!
Love your cards by the way!
Hugs
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both great CAS cards and love the stars one
carol x

Lizy Bartaby said...

Lovely cards Kathy :)
Lizy xx

Tracey McNeely said...

All fantatsic cards Kathy! Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Susan said...

Yep...thought those chairs were upside down! LOL! Love your take on the LIM challenge!

~amy~ said...

Love your cards...awesome work! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Yum to thai food :)