Saturday, 19 April 2014

Happy Saturday

Morning peeps
 
Well, it's Easter weekend and I hope you all haven't been eating too many eggs or chocolate.

I'd like to welcome my newest follower, Rocky, thanks for following me, check out her blog here. Yesterday I posted a fab Easter egg that she'd made - check out her blog if you get a chance.
 
Got an ATC to share with you today, trying to use up some snippets of card:-
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • DCWV glitter card from the Grandma's kids stack, cut to ATC size
  • DCWV embossed purple card edged using a Martha Stewart punch
  • Stamp Impressions image stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink and close cut out
  • Alcohol pens used to colour the image
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the image and polka dots on the purple panel
 
Recently, I found myself staring at a pack of "50's diner" gelato's and, being possessed of a 40% discount coupon thought that I would give them another go - I didn't get on that well with them last time round. So, I made and ATC using them, thinking that it wouldn't be too much of a waste if I still didn't get on with them .....




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Off cut of white card which I pre treated with a swipe of Ceramcoat iridescent pearl paint ... a pal told me that Gelato's blend waaay better over gesso or paint - maybe that's why I didn't get on so well with them first pass!!!
  • Banana and blood orange gelato smeared liberally over the dried paint coat, spritzed with water and then blended with my fingers, left to dry ....... the most tedious part!
  • I took a couple of Dylusions mini borders and my Memento inks in rosebud, lilac posies and sweet plum and stamped a background
  • Stampers Anonymous man with umbrella stamped using Versafien vintage sepia which I also used to edge the ATC
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiments stamped using Versafine onyx black for the narrow sentiment and Memento tuxedo black for the sentiment panel - check out the difference in the density of colour and both types of ink took AGES to dry too btw.

MUCH happier with the way these gelato's blended and may crack on with using the other two colours in the set (Aqua and squid ink) as well as the ones I already have (black/white/gold/silver).

CAS Colours and Sketches launched a new challenge on Thursday - this was a colour challenge and I simply couldn't resist - I LOVE CAS and I LOVE monochrome too so this really called to me:



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square black card panel
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Hero Arts chevron image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and then again using Ranger Archival watering can, twice, without re-inking between images in order to get the lighter grey required
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink and then a second partial image stamped again without re-inking

Stash used:

Look - I inked up my new Hero Arts stash AND used my new grey ink (see below) - YAY!




Yesterday saw us heading to Lakeland to meet up with crafting buddy, Cheri and her husband (Don). We met at the mighty Violette's because Cheri had never been!! She LOVED IT! After an hour browsing we headed to a new branch of the Manny's chain of four restaurants and the only one we still had to try! As we pulled in to the parking lot the heavens were still emptying on us but we're no quitters and we were lucky enough to get really good parking spaces so we legged it indoors!! We had great steaks and Cheri and Don had great prime rib - Cheri even professed to have left room for a dessert ..... but (even with help) couldn't finish the portion ....

Cheri set off with gusto but none of us could finish the last few bites!

My haul of goodies from Violette's. I had to give up and buy a skin white copic
I just KNOW I have one somewhere but simply cannot find it - being SKIN white it's a pen I use a lot ... had to be done then!


I finally surrendered and joined the wonderful world of Pinterest yesterday - there's a fresh new way to lose an hour or so!!!! How many of you follow Pinterest ...... do you post on there? If so then leave me your links - pretty please!, since I'm such a newbie!

Have a great weekend - Happy Easter

9 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Lovely cards Kathy, I know I'm going to be tempted to buy a die or two today, so gelatos are out, especially as I don't have any 40% coupons! (Sue Wilson is on C&C three times today).

Great stash you managed to get, you always seem to find interesting things. No chocolate yet, I'm saving it for tomorrow.

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy x i'm Bo Ribbon on pinterest x

SARN said...

Sweet girly ATC Kathy and the other one using Gelatos. I ADORE the CAS Challenge card. Right up street. May have to play along with that one!

Oh no - now you've gone and done it by joining Pinterest. You're right - a new way to lose HOURS (plural) of crafting time. I like to call it RESEARCH!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Louise Wright said...

HAPPY EASTER Kathy!
Fab projects there and some wonderful stash that you have been buying recently. The CAS thankyou card is a classic.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous creations hun and looks like you had a fab time catching up with friends...that cake looks yummy!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Easter,Kathy.
I'm afraid I waste far too much time on Pinterest....I love it.

Mac Mable said...

Happy Easter. Loving your Thank you card and how you've done the grey zig zags...Great CAS card x Beverley x

karen h said...

Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Love the gradated chevron stripes!

Louise van Vuren said...

Fab CAS creation in monochrome. Really like the geometric design, very masculine and stylish. Thanks for playing along at C&S

Louise xx