I pal sets a themed "challenge" on facebook each week, to encourage us to make Christmas cards. I use the word "challenge" loosely as there are no winners and no prizes it's just a place to show our pix and offer encouragement to others struggling to meet their "quota" - this weeks challenge was from the 12 Days of Christmas and is "3 French hens" - here's my take using THE most fabulous set of mini stamps from Penny Black - such fun.
|And a closer view of my 3 French Hens!|
- White 12½cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 11½cm square
- Two pieces of navy card cut to 12cm square
- Snippets of card in both white and navy
- Snippet of red satin ribbon with Merry Christmas across it
- Double sided tape, Tombow glue and Dimensional foam tape
- Penny Black "Three French Hens" image/matching sentiment and Kaisercraft Christmas sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour
- Anita's dimensional gloss and stardust stickles used to bling it up a bit!
|Penny Black 30-016 "12 Days of Christmas", Kaisercraft "Christmas Sentiments"|
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 77 - ANYTHING GOES
- Penny Black - March challenge - FEATURE A CREATURE
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1810 - ANYTHING GOES
- Shopping Our Stash - challenge No. 345 - PUT A BIRD ON IT (or three!)
- The Holly and The Ivy - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES - 3rd entry
And now, as promised - my completed shawl, which I started on Friday March 9th and finished on Monday March 12th, I had the cream, purple and pink wool already in my knitting bag and bought two bags of 2 x 100g sparkly wool from Poundstretcher in order to finish it My shawl measures 5' along each of the two shorter edges and is quite large enough to snuggle in to, and all for £5.98 ... I still have 1½ of those balls left too, so you may yet see more crochet.
|Finished, pressed and folded|
|Laid out "shawl like" in the sunshine!|