Monday, 25 November 2019

Monday and another week starting ... make it a good one

Morning readers,

Hope you had a relaxing weekend and have woken this morning ready to start another week! Well, I woke up yesterday and realised I had friends stopping by yesterday afternoon in order to exchange Christmas gifts (last chance before Christmas) and thought it would be nice to put up the Christmas tree and have some festive music on as they arrived - does this make me a bad person or a good (if slightly crazy) person?!??! I hasten to add that I wouldn't NORMALLY put my tree up this early - HONEST




I've been spending time at the Table of Craftiness ... since it's Rudolph Day (the last before Christmas) I have, not surprisingly, a Christmas card to share with you this morning ......


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of Designer Paper, cut to mat
  • Snippets of card in black and white, for my image panel
  • Stampers Anonymous snowflake (originally wood mounted) stamped on my card front, using Brilliance sky blue ink, to make my own background
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • MFT splatter stamped using Izink copper metallic ink




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - November Rudolph Day - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  2. Brown Sugar - November challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dragonfly Dreams - November 3rd challenge - CHRISTMAS/WINTER
  4. Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 366 - USE SNIPPETS
And there's a new challenge over at Simply Less Is More, their last of the year as they're taking a well deserved break.


My card
 
Materials used:
  • White 250gsm, 5" square card
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of red card cut to mat
  • Stamp Cabana "hand stamped" image, Paper Artsy image (ZA19) and Hero Arts sentiment () stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour image
  • Stardust stickles to add some Christmas twinkle and Anita's dimensional gloss to the eyes



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 409 - PICK A TRIANGLE, reckon you can see which one I used
  2. Crafty Friends - challenge No. 123 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 465 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 179 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Happy Little Stampers - November Christmas Challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) BAH HUMBUG

 OR 


15 comments:

Sarn said...

I love the look of both festive offerings today . . .as well as your VERY FESTIVE Christmas Decorations picture!

I'm putting my decorations up early too . . . probably on 3rd December!

Happy Rudolph Day.

xxx

Darlene said...

LOL ... cute snowman though a little thin! LOL
Great card ... Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Addicted to Stamps!
Darlene
ADDICTED TO STAMPS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

P.S. My tree & decorations are up. I usually wait until after Thanksgiving but with 35 house guests coming for our annual neighborhood party on Dec 8th it had to get done early! But we are lovin' it!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Love your tree and holiday cards. Thanks for sharing your cards at Brown Sugar challenge blog . Lisa (dt)

Lillianb said...

Two great makes Kath. I had a good evening Thanks

Lilian

Liz said...

Putting up your tree definitely makes you a good person Kathy, I'm sure it got your friends in the Christmas spirit. We had our first Christmas lunch today at a family get together, feeling rather full still!! Lovely cards, especially love the second one - what a fabulous snowman! xx

Pat said...

A wonderful idea to impart some Christmas spirit with your exchange of presents and get your tree up a bit early, it looks very pretty too Kathy. I love your first card with the blue snowflakes and gold splatters and the matted layer with the sentiment which looks great over the top, then your quirky snow man and love the sparkle and gloss on his eyes. x

Cardsbymaaike said...

love your subtle way to use a triangle and the Paperartsy stamps are just too funny, might need them lol

Chrissie said...

Love your snowman card Kathy and I'll go along with your excuse for putting the tree up early... it looks fab by the way!
Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge!
Chrissie

Jenny L said...

Hi Kathy,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What very lovely cards and their design are so super I love how you decorate the envelopes to match also.
I think you are a very thoughtful person decorating for your visitors.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Di said...

Love both cards Kathy - and it's lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground! I did buy foil roasting trays the other day as a gesture towards Christmas!

Hugs

Di xx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello... Thanks for entering your card into our ‘Christmas’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Sue - said...

Two great cards Kathy, and I see you’re using “that” stamp set again! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge

Betta said...

Yours cards are both incredible!!!
Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge!!!!
Hope you participate in our next!!
Kisssssssssssssssssssss
Bettascrap DT

Neets B said...

Great cards as always, Kathy. I'm loving the images in the Paper Artsy set, not seen those before, and a great way to use our triangle theme. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

scrappymo! said...

Two fabulous cards! I love the way you placed the sentiment over the stamped snowflake for the inside verse of your card. It looks wonderful/ Also the off the page snowflake on the envelope is so cool.

The cute and fun second card speaks for itself. Such a very fun image!!!

Thanks for taking place in the Rudolph Days Challenge.