Saturday, 9 November 2019

Saturday and some vacation pix

Morning readers,

It's the weekend - make it a good one, however you choose to spend it. I'll be with friends on Sunday, completing our annual Secret Santa Draw - so, guess what I'll be doing soon? Yep, starting my Christmas shopping!! Actually, I've already started but haven't got very far with that, so far!! 

However, I HAVE been at the Table of Craftiness a lot of late and, having acquired this adorable tightrope dancer, I thought I would try an ATC for a change as I've been working on card commissions lately.

My Artist Trading Card
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in white and black
  • My Minds Eye image (LAF404) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Using an Aldi stencil brush I lightly applied Memento lilac posies ink around the image panel, aiming to keep away from the image. Once that was done, I placed my Tim Holtz stencil (THMST007) over the card panel and applied more of the same ink through the stencil
  • MFT sentiment (CS-303) stamped using the same lilac posies ink
  • Stardust stickles used to trace the sentiment and tightrope, to bling up my ATC




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. CardzTV - November 8th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Alphabet Challenge - November 8th challenge - QUICK AND EASY
  3. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 371 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 239 - ANYTHING GOES + SENTIMENT

And, since I've missed a couple ...... here's an entry for the LIM challenge - got to use some new stash again too ... in the form of the scallop stencil and the fab-u-lous leaf image - YAY! Who DOESN'T LOVE TO INK NEW STASH?


My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of purple card, cut to mat
  • Snippets of card in white and purple, for my image panel
  • Tim Holtz stencil place over my white snippet and, using an Aldi stencil brush I applied Memento London fog ink
  • Impression Obsession leaf image stamped using Ranger Archival majestic violet ink
  • The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped on to a snippet using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Stardust stickles to bling up the "stalk" and leaf veins





I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 408 - THAT'S TORN IT
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 174 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 455 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft Rocket - challenge No. 65 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I was in Florida recently ... I tried to keep up with the walking, as part of an ongoing lifestyle change/diet, some days worked better than others as it's considerably warmer there and way more humid too. This one morning I found myself up and out by 8am, before it got too hot ..


Like being at home with the balloons
But NOT with the palm trees!
Halloween started real early! Of course, by now Christmas is undoubtedly in full swing!
Violette's,an Aladdins cave for crafters
Some wildlife at Lake Morton, Lakeland



THIS is what happens if you show up with bird food!

Topped off with a nice meal too
A modest haul from Tuesday Morning


And then there was Violette's!
And a Florida sunset ..... at the junction of the 192 and 535!



And, having made it home, despite the cruise and Florida food (i.e. enormous portions) ..... I was 3lbs lighter than when I left home. Surprised? Me too, in fact, gobsmacked is more like it! AND DELIGHTED


10 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fab holiday or so it seems. I also got the Stampendous Gnomes, not used them yet, I like it when they're shiny and new lol...anyway great card and clever way to include the torn challenge

Sarn said...

FANTASTIC ATC and leafy birthday card. Love them both.

Fab pictures from your recent trip too.

Happy Saturday.

Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Did somebody mention gnomes! Must investigate further. I like you atc. It amazes me how much can be packed into such a small space. Love the pinkness. Holiday snaps look great. Hugs Mrs A.

Arlene said...

Fantastic ATC. I love the background too. I love the colors on the birthday card and the background on the colored panel is so nice and subtle.

Pat said...

You are so clever with your choice of stencilled backgrounds Kathy and love the way the circles fade away on the ATC, and nice soft colour too to go with the pretty tightrope dancer, and then the beautiful leaves in the purple colour are fantastic, and finished with the what looks like torn edged mat.. a great look. Glad you had a good holiday in Florida and love the photos, and you got some great new stash too, and came home lighter than you went. I usually come home several pounds heavier when I go away but luckily usually manage to lose it once I get home. x

Basslady said...

this looks all so fabulous!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi

Lynne said...

Love both cards, your stencilling is great and I love the torn paper effect on your LiM card. Looks like you've had a fab holiday too. x

Gerrina said...

Sounds like you had a good time being away! Love the pics (and balloons).
That ropedancerstamp is a beaty and so is your ATC! Love the colours of your LIM card+enveloppe; looks so good in those colours! Enjoy your week back home and hope it isn't raining as much with you as it is here... Hugs, Gerrina

Alex said...

Beautiful card. Love the nearly CAS style.
Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

Hugs
Alex

*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#35 – Anything but a card}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#35 – Inspired by a song}
*DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#65 – Birthday}
*GDT* C.R.A.F.T. {#535 – Christmas}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Nonni said...

Sound slike you had a wonderful holiday, Kathy! Love the torn frame for your flower, perfect for our challenge. The torn edges add a lot of interest to a CAS design! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!