Morning readers,
Well, it's been a full on week here at the purple palace but ... I've still managed to fit in a little light crafting. I wanted to make a sentiment free and super CAS (Clean And Simple) card as part of my "sentiment free" commission - these Dina Wakley butterfly images seemed to fit the brief perfectly - hope you agree.
 |
| My card |
 |
| And a close up to show the stickles sparkle AND the wink of Stella sparkle |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit
- One piece of deep red card, cat to mat
- Dina Wakley butterfly stamped using Memento rosebud and Ranger Archival shadow grey inks
- Wink of Stella clear glitter gel pen used to bling up the grey butterflies and stardust stickles the pink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 324 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting With An Attitude - challenge No. 57 - ANYTHING GOES
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 457 - ADD SOME SPARKLE
- Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 213 - ALL THAT GLITTERS
- Alphabet Challenge - November 8th challenge - QUICK AND EASY
I recently made an anniversary card which I really liked and wanted to make another "same but different" version ..... here it is - see below my challenge entries for the original
 |
My card
Deploying a different sentiment and placement. I also used my two chosen inks, DTP,
to created my own matting layer and used stickles in place of dimensional gloss |
 |
| And a closer view to show the sparkle and shine |
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
Materials used:
- White A2/C6, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Three pieces of 300gsm card, two cut to 5¼" x 3¾" and one to 5" x 3½"
- MFT sentiment (from CS-303 "Brushstroke Expressions") stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Using the longer Dylusions heart I stamped my image using Ranger Archival grey shadow ink
- Using the shorter/wider Dylusions heart I stamped using Memento rosebud ink, including on to a snippet of white card which I fussy cut out before adding stardust stickles and setting aside to dry
- Wink of Stella clear glitter gel brush pen used to add sparkle to the longer hearts
- I applied the pink and grey inks (Direct To Paper) around the outer edge of one of the larger white panels, to create a co-ordinated matting layer
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Penny's PaperCrafty - challenge No. 456 - ANYTHING GOES
- Art Impressions - challenge No. 270 - COUPLES CARDS
- Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 247 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
- Everybody Art - challenge No. 457 - EVERYTHING THAT SHINES
Want to see the original? See below, I can't quite make up my mind which I prefer!!!
 |
| You can see the full details here |
And some more vacation pix from my recent foray to Florida ...... I AM missing that sunshine!
 |
| Meet Dave, the inflatable Halloween minion |
 |
| Dave, hard at work for Halloween |
 |
| Part of The Barn's Halloween decor |
 |
| Hubble Bubble, toil and trouble! |
 |
Lunch at Tillies in Eustis, needed refreshment following stash shopping and,
before you ask, no - I didn't get more than about 50% through it all! |
 |
| My haul from MFT |
 |
| Eustis is very "quaint" |
 |
| The lake at Celebration, Florida |
 |
After a full on day in temperatures of 32°c, what could POSSIBLY
be better than cooling off in these water fountains? |
 |
| Or walking around the lake, just as it gets to dusk |
 |
| They go "all out" for Halloween at Jeater Bend, Celebration |
 |
| Lights and music co-ordination spread over eleven homes - donations to charity |
7 comments:
I see you were having a pink and grey inky day! 2 super CAS cards.
Great MFT stash haul.
Love Dave, but you can't beat the Celebration decorations for their ability to impress. Xxx
Love the colour combo & sparkle, and all that in such a clean & simple card. Thank you for joining in with us at Fab 'n' Funky.
Rachel DT
I love the butterflies and the hearts and both in really pretty colours Kathy and beautifully sparkly, and more great photos. The weather had been so horrid recently no wonder you are missing the Florida sunshine. x
Beautiful cards. I love pink and grey together. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x
Lovely cards, Kathy! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT
Your cards are beautifully elegant and I love the colours you chose. Wonderful clean and simple designs! Thanks for sharing these with us at Penny's!
Linda
this is so adorable!
thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!
hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi
Post a Comment