Morning readers,
Of course, I SHOULD be sharing pix with you today, of a lunch with my cousin and a friend .. which had been planned for yesterday. Sadly, I woke up with "cold like" symptoms - oh no! Having taken a LF Test I'm happy it wasn't covid but the symptoms were such that I wouldn't wish to pass them to either my cousin or pal so .... regretfully, I cancelled our booking. As it happened, it was a really pants day and I snuffled and sneezed my way through two full boxes of tissues ... eeuuuwww! WTMI! Colds are, usually, not serous but quite debilitating aren't they? Stay well peeps.
I've a make to share with you today ....... it's the dreaded ONE LAYER CARD week over at Less Is More ... I'm still stuck making masculine cards and had already put the images below on my desk to use so thought .... why not? This will work as a CAS OLC! Hope you agree with me ....
Materials used:
- Kraft, 300gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Kraft card - for my insert ... somehow "naked" Kraft cards don't look (to me) like they're finished - hence adding an insert
- Ranger "Letter It" birthday sentiment stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Clear glasses/moustache image (can't remember the manufacturer but it was a Craft Stamper free image from years ago) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- LIM - challenge No. 459 - ONE LAYER WEEK + ONE WORD
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 600 - ALL OCCASIONS
- Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 442 - BIRTHDAY
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 225 - ANYTHING GOES
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING GOES
Now for another make ..... I challenged myself with this one .... I measured off the 1/9th of my card front and managed to find a doggy image that fitted. I had a couple of silhouette images but I also wanted to colour it and then add a metallic element - I'm sure you can appreciate that, at this point, it was starting to get trickier! Scroll down to see if you think I managed it, mind you, I've now remembered why I don't use a lot of mirri card - it's really hard to get a decent photo!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, card and matching envelope
- Card in white and aged silver mirri (metallic) card
- Tim Holtz dog image (From CMS272 "cats and dogs") stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my dog and metallic glitter pens for his pupil, collar and tag
- With a mask over my cute little doggy .... StudioLight grid image (from SL340) stamped using Versamark embossing ink, sprinkled with Kirsten Lapping's "magic mirror silver" "metallic" embossing powder and heat set
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "brushed sentiments") stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- AAA Cards - challenge No. 209 - 1/9th + FAVOURITE ANIMAL (Dog - though it was a close call with a guinea pig!)
- Perfectly CAS - challenge No. 24 - METALLIC
- Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 233 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) DICHROMATIC
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- My Time To Craft - challenge No. 475 - EMBOSSING (wet OR dry)

19 comments:
SUPER masculine card for LIM's one-layer challenge! Congrats - you nailed it!
LOVING the one-ninth dog card too. Absolutely GREAT CAS card!
Hope you feel better soon matey xxx
Very nice set of cards Kathy. Love your makes, the glasses need googly 👀 😂 just kidding.. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards Challenges too.
These cards are just fabulous Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
PERFECTLY CAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Great makes there Kathy. I love your take on our challenge at Less is More, thanks for sharing with us x
That dog card is awesome. I love how you've highlighted the dog with the embossing powders. Great job. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.
The OLC looks great with the glasses and moustache Kathy, and love the large stamped 'birthday', and then the sweet little dog and the super metallic element with the silver embossed background. x
Sorry, I meant to way I hope that your cold is soon gone. x
You nailed the 1/9th challenge Kathy, love how you packed so much interest into that tiny square! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x
Great CAS cards. I love the 1/9th one - so clever how you added all that interest into a small area.
xxx
Nice work Kathy. Thanks for sharing your card with us on the AAA Cards Challenge.
Love, love, love the mustache card!! GREAT masculine card!
Perfect pair of masculine cards! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x
I am smitten with the mustache card, so masculine yet simple. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff
Fabulous one layer masculine design - love it!
Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.
Helen x
I think both of these are perfect CAS and the first is so good for LIM OLC; like it that you used a not-white base! Hugs, Gerrina
great CAS and Masculine card ~ ~ Thanks for entering the Polkadoodles Challenge ~ Pam DT
Great one-layer card. Have a nice day, Ankie
Loving your second card this time! That dog is perfect.
Thanks for joining us at the Perfectly CAS Challenge.
Helen x
The dog card is so cute - perfectly cas! Thankyou for sharing your creativity with us at The Colour Crazy Challenge - Vic, DT X
Post a Comment