Wednesday, 23 February 2022

It's the middle of the week, how's it working out for you?

Morning readers, 

Here's hoping that your week is going well and I hope the weather has settled down where you are, after a particularly stormy week what with Dudley followed immediately by Eunice. I'm sure we could all do with a break before the next named storm .... to give us chance (those who need it) to repair any damage.

I've a make to share with you today ....... still seem to be making masculine cards like there's no tomorrow. I actually counted how many masculine cards I had in my "stock" as a proportion and discovered it was only about 10% - so it's actually proving to be quite a useful exercise, making a shed load!

My C6 card

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 car and matching envelope
  • Card in plain white, textured white, light grey, mid grey and navy - for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippet of white card, for my image
  • Tim Holtz/Sizzix die (66020) used to cut the grungey circles on my textured white cardstock
  • Carabelle image (SA60173) stamped on to my white snippet using Versafine Clair twilight ink, cut closely and then edged with a sharpie (to conceal any white) before attaching to my card front using dimensional foam pads
  • Tim Holtz stencil (THS002 "Bubble") and Memento gray flannel ink used elsewhere on my card - to co-ordinate with the die
  • Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "mini calligraphy") stamped using Versafine Clair twilight ink


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. HLS - Feb DIES challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 225 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 422 - USE SNIPPETS
  4. Paperminutes - challenge No. 732 - FOR MEN
  5. Try It On Tuesday - Feb 22nd challenge - ADD SOME TEXTURE



5 comments:

Lillianb said...

Love the card Kathy, The layout is really good.

Take care and stay safe

Lilian

Pat said...

I love the bubble wrap type circles stencilled in the background Kathy, and a great motorcycle image and sentiment, and the matted layers really finish it beautifully. I have more males to make cards for than females in our extended family so appreciate a great masculine card. x

Sarn said...

FABULOUS masculine birthday card. LOVE that bit of stencilling to the side and the super motorbike image.

Good to see you at the Playground Treehouse Breakfast Club this morning. Hope you enjoyed the hot buttered toast with your morning cuppa!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Great card Kathy - I love the monochrome and such a lovely design.

Hugs

Di xx

Joan said...

Great masculine card, love the monochrome look

Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

Joan