Wednesday, 2 February 2022

Wonderful Wednesday again ....

Morning readers, 

I've a make to share with you today ....... a super quick and simple card using one stencil, one stamp and two inks - easy peasy!

My 6"/15cm square card

Materials used:
  • White, 300gsm, 6"/15cm square card and matching envelope
  • Card in white, for my image panel and insert and textured maroon and grey, for matting
  • Using a stencil I bought (in 2019 but still NBUS) from Amazon I used an Aldi stencil brush and applied Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Posh Impressions sentiment (Z600E) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink, before matting my panel on first grey and then maroon card

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 35 - USE NBUS
  2. Allsorts - challenge No. 661 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) USE A STENCIL
  3. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 596 - ALL OCCASIONS
  4. International Art & Soul - challenge No. 126 - ALL ABOUT LOVE/HEARTS
  5. Dream Valley - challenge No. 262 - LOVE


And now for an Artist Trading Card ..... a great way to use up some of those pesky snippets of leftover paper and card pieces, I was delighted to be able to use THREE for this project.

My Artist Trading Card, measuring 3½" x 2½"

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in grey, white and check Designer Paper - see below
  • Using a makeup brush and Memento gray flannel ink I applied a light covering before adding my Stamplorations stencil and adding another layer of the gray flannel
  • TPC Studio image, arrow and sentiment (from "Transportation") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne and morning mist inks

My snippet collection

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Snippets Playground - challenge No. 420 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Alphabet Challenge - Jan 28th challenge - "V" is for VEHICLE
  3. Paperbabe - challenge No. 160 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CRAFT - challenge No. 624 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 174 - ANYTHING GOES

16 comments:

Sarn said...

What a fabulous anniversary card. Great stencilling.

Love your monochrome snippety ATC too. I’ll see you up in the Playground treehouse for a coffee and a natter later!!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Liz said...

Great card Kathy, I love the stencilled heart. Another super ATC too. xx

Sarn said...

Just put my Allsorts DT hat on to say thanks for entering the challenge this week.

Hugs Sarn xxx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful CAS Valentine card ... love the stencilling. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week. Also your ATC is very funky - love it!
Pauline xx

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's a great ATC Kathy, and what a brilliant sentiment! Thanks for joining our 'vehicle' theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love that heart stencil, a simple but wonderful design. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

Suze said...

Great ATC Kathy. A great way of using up snippets too. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

Melanie Hungerford said...

I'm back again, I wanted to commend you on the ATC for the Alphabet Challenge, what a true sentiment and a nice design. Thanks for playing along!

Prudence said...

Love the easy peasy cards. Minimal effort with maximum impact. Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

Prudence
NBUS February Guest Designer

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great masculine ATC! Yes, using our bits gives us such a wonderful feeling! Your creativity with yours was perfectly done. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Di said...

Wonderful work as always and a super masculine ATC Kathy! Perfect!

Hugs

Di xx


Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts Challenge. Alison DT

Darnell said...

You know how much I love EZPZ/QACAS, Kathy, so this beautiful stenciled Valentine is right up my alley! I have that sediment stamp! I love the snippity masculine ATC, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Pat said...

This is a wonderful heart stencil and perfect for your square card, and with a lovely stylish font for the sentiment Kathy, and the masculine ATC works so well using the monochromatice black and grey tones, and I love the background gingham paper. x

Lillianb said...

Loving the card and as you say simple but so affective.

Lilian

Mimi said...

OOOO great heart design, love it :) :) Thank you for joining us at International Art & Soul this fortnight. Hugs Mimi xx