Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... I seem to be on a bit of a roll with masculine birthday cards right now - but, since I make cards for quite a few men during the year, it's hard to see this as a "bad" thing! In fact, it's good to have some in reserve AND ... always good to use some old stash again, isn't it?
I've a make to share with you today ....... I seem to be on a bit of a roll with masculine birthday cards right now - but, since I make cards for quite a few men during the year, it's hard to see this as a "bad" thing! In fact, it's good to have some in reserve AND ... always good to use some old stash again, isn't it?
| My DL card and, for a change, NOT a CAS card either!!!! |
| And a closer view of the inking and background detail |
Materials used:
- Cream textured linen, 300gsm, DL card and matching white envelope
- 300gsm card in cream and deep brown, cut to fit/mat, for my card front and insert
- Snippets of both card colours, for my image panel
- Using Memento rich cocoa ink and a Tim Holtz mini blending brush I added colour around the outer edges of the cream panels for my card front and insert
- Overlaying my Memory Box grid stencil (88517) I added just a little random stencilling to diagonally opposing corners, for added interest
- Art Impressions skeleton clock face (J2611 - certainly in my stash by 2011) stamped using Distress Oxide in antique linen
- On my cream snippet I stamped my Rubbadubbadoo pocket watch (Elderly stamp with NO reference and I can't find the Australian website any longer to seek one out, my stamp is dated 2002) using Versafine Clair pinecone ink
- HLS sentiment (from Doodled flowers) stamped using Versafine Clair pinecone ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- HLS - Feb STENCIL challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- The Male Room - challenge No. 159 - CLOCKS
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2207 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creatalicious - challenge No. 229 - CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 438 - ANYTHING GOES

6 comments:
An absolutely fabulous masculine card Kathy. REALLY LOVE this one. Like the DL size of it too. Great stuff. X
Love the masculine card Kathy, Great clock image,
Take care
Lilian
This is a great slimline masculine card Kathy, and I love the pocket watch and the watch faces softly stamped in the background, and also that little bit of grid stencilling, which all looks great and the brown matted layers bring it all together. x
What a wonderful and very masculine card, love the DL size and the fact you designed the envelope to match. Thank you so much for joining us in our Clocks challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT
I'm back with my other DT hat on, I love your card as I said before. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT
Nice. Love this. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge. kReN@afourthlife
Post a Comment