Morning readers,
Here's hoping your Valentine remembered too! I'm pretty sure my Valentine WON'T be bringing me flowers or chocolates though! We went out for a lovely meal at the weekend instead!
I've a make to share with you today ....... it's not a Valentine's Day card though. I made it using a sketch I created ..... but using a DL card which I don't use too often these days!
Materials used:
- Cream linen, 300gsm, DL card and matching envelope
- Card in cream and navy for my card front, insert and matting
- Using my trusty MISTI stamping platform I inked up my Sheena Douglass buildings image (from "concrete jungle") using Versafine Clair twilight ink
- Masking off a line just above my buildings and using a make up brush and my Clearly Besotted "cloudy day" stencil I applied Memento Bahama blue ink to the panel and to create a cloud line
- Rubber Stamps of America plane image stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
- Removing my masking tape I stamped my Uniko sentiment (from "Art Decoratif Anniversaire") using Versafine Clair twilight ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 231 - ANYTHING GOES + (optional) SPARKLE AND SHINE
- HLS - February CAS challenge - INKY
- Allsorts - challenge No. 663 - CAS + (optional) elegance
- LIM - challenge No. 457 - BIRTHDAY
- Crafting Happiness - challenge No. 120 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for an Artist Trading Card .... time to ink up some older stash again.
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover card in white and red
- Stamping Bella image (KET115) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Using a makeup brush I applied a light covering of Adirondack raisin ink, taking care to avoid my image
- Overlaying my "faux brick" That's Crafty dinky stencil (TC064) I applied another layer of the raisin ink
- Using a selection of sharpies and skintone copics to colour the image
- Clearly Besotted sentiment (from "mini calligraphy") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- Once my ATC was assembled I used a Tsukineko gelly roll gel pen, in white, to doodle the corner detail
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- HLS - Feb STENCIL challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
- Colour Crazy - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES
- Snippets Playground - challenge No. 421 - USE SNIPPETS
- Pattie's Creations - challenge No. 191 - ANYTHING GOES

15 comments:
A brilliant CAS layout for the first card and perfect for a masculine card.
Very sweet ATC. Nicely done with the brick background too.
I just look past (or through) your watermark and never give it a second thought! I understand your reasons for using it.
Dont let ‘em rattle your cage!
Happy Monday xxx
Ooh - I see you’re in time for Breakfast Club up in the Snippets Playground Treehouse. D’ya fancy a hot buttered crumpet and a cuppa???? Xxx
Two great makes and never thought about turning the sketch up side down. cute image on your ATC.
Take care Lilian
Two beautifully done creations!
Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner
Tee hee . . . you're entry into Allsorts landed on one of my commenting numbers . . . so I'm back with my DT hat on to say thank you for entering the challenge this week!
Must be a first - 3 comments from me in 1 post! LOL!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
One of my fave stamps is that skyline and you've used it to great effect. Lovely ATC too. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
Great DL card Kathy. You really made the most of the white space - I love it! And your dear little ATC girlie is adorable! Great to see you in the Playground.
Hugs
Di xx
This is a super masculine card Kathy and love the cloudy blue sky and the aeroplane flying over. I have this stamp and seeing this has reminded me that I must use it soon as it certainly makes an interesting design, especially the way you have used it on this DL card. I'm glad you did celebrate Valentine's Day with a lovely meal, even if it was a bit early..lol. x
A great masculine card, many thanks for joining in with our CAS/Elegant theme at Allsorts this week.
B x
You’re at card is so pretty’s, thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x
that is an amazing cityscape with the plane flying in low! thank you for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.
Just lovely - I love the faded brick wall background - clever! Thankyou for sharing your creativity with us in our challenge at Pattie's Creations - Vic, D.T x
What a great masculine and graphic design for this slimline card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the CAS Challenge!
Nice work! Thanks for joining us on Polkadoodles! Pam, DT
Great make Kathy. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More x
Post a Comment