Saturday, 12 February 2022

Super Saturday and the LIM challenge returns!!

Morning readers,

Woo Hoo! I love to enter the LIM challenge but, due to a changeover in ownership of the blog, the challenges have been "resting" since the end of November but .... they're back today! WELCOME BACK to the challenge and to Kylie and her Design Team too - I KNOW I won't be the only crafter who has missed these CAS challenges. 

Today's make involved a little rummaging for inspiration I came across this fab, grungey barcode image, I've had it for years but it's been lying in the drawer gather dust - for shame!! No more though!

My C6 card

Hopefully you can better see the stencilling on this close up

Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
  • White card and textured grey, for my card front, insert and matting
  • Snippets of card in white, grey and black - for my image panel
  • Stampotique barcode image (16019) and HLA sentiment (from "Doodled flowers") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • Using an Aldi stencil brush I applied a light cover of Memento gray flannel to my image panel before overlaying my Woodware stencil (FRST006) and applying a further layer of the gray flannel ink ... this stencilling is more obvious on the insert and envelope

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. LIM - challenge No. 457 - BIRTHDAYS
  2. Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 2 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 582 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Polkadoodles - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 224 - ANYTHING GOES

And now for an Artist Trading Card, I love the scale of them! I've made a few recently and it's a great way to use up snippets too .... I've also tried to get some old inks and stamps out too, very satisfying!

My Artist Trading Card measuring 3½" x 2½"

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in deep green and white
  • Inks used: Adirondack: citrus, lettuce, pesto and bottle + Versafine Clair nocturne
  • Stamps used: Hero Arts "Harlequin Star" E3654 and Stamplorations "Noteworthy" sentiment
  • Stencil: Craft Treats "Stars all over" CT445
  • Sharpies in green and black, for edging panels

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. HLS - February STENCIL challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Purple Haze - challenge No. 189 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Love To Craft - challenge No. 66 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 514 - ANYTHING GOES


9 comments:

Sarn said...

Fab bar code birthday stamp . . . great that it got to see the light of day to make that superb CAS card.

The starry ATC is brilliant too.

Happy Saturday xxx

chrissy xx said...

A GORgeous CAS card! It's always a lovely surprise when we start to rummage and finds little 'gems' that we had forgotten about. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous makes as always

Pat said...

I'm so pleased to see the LIM Challenge back and all thanks to Kylie for taking it over. I love your barcode which works well on this birthday card Kathy, and then the harlequin star in the green tones with the stencilled stars in the background works brilliantly on this pretty ATC...nice to see the Adirondack inks being used too. I have a few and I always forget to use them so must get them out soon. x

Nelly said...

Lovely CAS card! Thanks for sharing with Polkadoodles this week Nelly dt x

Jana Forrest said...

Nicely done Kathy. Love the big star as a focal point. thanks for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest

Aunty Sue said...

great card and design thanks for sharing with us this week at CraftyCatz hope to see you joining in again and good luck in the draw
AuntySue

Pamela Duncan said...

Nicely done ~ Thanks for joining us on Polkadoodles! Pam, DT

Claudia Martins said...

It's amazing!! I loved!! Thank you for entering our Challenge in Through The Purple Haze. Claudia Martins DT/Coordinator.