Morning readers,
Welcome to the last day of February, hope Feb was a good month for you and that March will be even better! I came down with a cold late last week .. so weird, because of the pandemic and lockdown, hubby and I have pretty much avoided all infections for two years so ... this cold really knocked me sideways. I don't THINK it was a particularly bad cold just that I'm "out of the habit"! Not like I took to my bed or anything but .. talk about lethargy! Still, at lest I AM feeling brighter this morning!
I've a make to share with you today ....... you COULD say we're "sailing" towards the new month of March .. OK, so PERHAPS I shouldn't have said that but - too late now!
I've a make to share with you today ....... you COULD say we're "sailing" towards the new month of March .. OK, so PERHAPS I shouldn't have said that but - too late now!
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- White card and navy card, for my card front, insert and matting
- Snippets of leftover card in white, navy, grey and black, for my image panel
- Dutchdoobadoo squares stencil (470.715.609) used, a makeup brush, to apply Memento Bahama blue to the lower right corner of my card front
- On to my white snippet I stamped the ship image (manufacturer unknown but .. if I was a betting woman, I'd say Dimension Forth - it's ages old too, prob 10 years) using Versafine Clair twilight ink.
- Without re-inking my makeup brush I just added some blue ink around the outer edges of my image panel before adhering to my navy, gray and black panels
- Funstamps sentiment (F-K12) stamped using Versafine Clair paradise ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 600 - ALL OCCASIONS
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 441 - ANYTHING GOES
- Art Impressions - challenge No. 321 - OCEANS OF FUN
- D.L. Art - challenge No. 294 - BIRTHDAY
- Time Out - challenge No. 208 - HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching envelope
- Card in both plain and linen texture white - cut to fit
- Snippets of card in white, holographic gold and red, for my image panel and matting
- Red and black sharpies used to edge my card panels
- PRS stamps used: Sketchy Christmas
- Inks used: Versafine Clair shady lane and morning mist and Memento gray flannel
- Dimensional foam tape - to attach my card front to my base card
- Crystal stickles
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Scraps of Life - Feb Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
- CRAFT - challenge No. 627 - CHRISTMAS
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- ABC of Christmas - Feb challenge - "C" is for CAS and "D" is for DISTRESSING - I went with "C"
- Crafty Hazelnuts - challenge No. 583 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

11 comments:
Such a gorgeous CAS christmas card Kathy.
Sue xx
Ship ahoy! Loving the first card.
AND - you're RD card is sublime. Great idea for a batch bake!
Glad you're feeling better matey xxx
Two wonderful makes Kathy and I love the masculine design with the sailing ship and the Squares stencil works beautifully in the background, and the fun tree on the second using that fun sketchy tree is certainly one that could be a great batch make giving a very pretty finished look. x
Oooo what a great Christmas card and thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, Luv Sam x
This is really pretty, I love it.
Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday #294 “Birthday” Linky challenge.
Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
Your Christmas tree design is definitely perfect for creating in batches. It's lovely and simple and I love the handwritten look to your sentiment! Thank you for sharing it and playing along with us at ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy
A couple of great cards - and the tree card is just so effective. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT
Love this card, the frame you put around the ship, makes it look like it should be in a frame, wonderful job! Thank you for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
Have a great day!
Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge
Beautiful christmas card, Kathy. I like that sentiment. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma
Thanks for sharing these great cards!
Your Christmas tree card looks lovely. That sure is a wonderful sentiment!
Hope you are feeling better. Colds can knock you for a loop...
Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.
Very pretty card - I really like how you added the soft stenciling behind the sailboat. Thanks so much for celebrating 8 years with us at TIME OUT!
Post a Comment