Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Welcome to the last What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday before Christmas!

Morning readers,



Now THAT's what I call a suitable message for the time of year!

Yesterday saw me heading out to lunch with two girl friends who date back to my days at primary school .... oh yes, they will always be my friends - they know where the metaphorical "bodies are buried"!!!! Since I was the person who lived furthest from the lunchtime venue and I also had to pass close by the homes of both of my pals on my, it made sense that I should pick them up and make it in to a mini ROAD TRIP! Traffic was pretty horrible on the way out (sheer volume) so I decided to come back a different way and got snarled up by last minute shoppers for whom finding a parking space appears much more important than road safety - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Still, made it AND had a lovely time though one pal was returning home to wait for a doctor to call on her mum so ... fingers crossed that all turns out OK, mate.

Once back home I had some time (since I didn't need dinner!) for a little light crafting ..... and it's NOT a Christmas card - starting on the 2016 anniversary cards! - how organised does that make me sound?!?!!?


My card
And a closer view to show off the twinkle, on the sentiment AND the hearts
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of red card cut to 14cm square
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado heart images stamped using Adirondack watermelon ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen applied over both the hearts and sentiment to make it super twinkly

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - December 22nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Tuesday Morning Sketches - challenge No. 332 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 274 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Creative Card Crew - challenge No. 103 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Where the heART is - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES

The sentiment set I used is called Every day Expressions and is sooooo useful



Here's the fab Christmas card my dear hubs bought me this year, if I'm honest, my inner child LOVED it!





And not a Christmas card in sight on my desk! I'm well on my way to my 2016 quota so I've made a decision ... I'm not making another Christmas card before 2016 kicks off!


Festive? Yes ... Tidy? That'll be a NOOOOOOOOOOO then!






7 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy, That red sure is bright.
Hugs
lilian

Debs M said...

Great anniversary card and loving the minion card too x

SARN said...

LOVE the anniversary card and what a great stamp that Congrats is.

Glad you had a good time despite the traffic chaos.

I'm off about 2.30pm today . . . and looking at the weather tomorrow, I feel it will be a STAYING INDOORS housework and crafting kinda day . . .

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

A lovely Anniversary card Kathy and I love the Minion card from your hubby.

Glad you had a good time with your friends in spite of the traffic. Have a very Happy Christmas. Barbxx

Katrina Brown said...

Wow, I'm impressed you are on to 2016 projects and this card is a great one! Thanks for sharing this fun celebration card with us over at TTCRD.
Katrina

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely CAS card, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful anniversary card!! I love the squiggly heart stamp!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie (TMS DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That