Wednesday, 30 December 2015

It's the last What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday of 2015 ....

Morning all,

Hope you are all feeling a little more normal today ..... it's kind of an anti climax from the 28th - 31st isn't it? However, we were out to dinner at a pal's last evening which certainly eased the situation .... not that we needed an extra meal out ... not with all the turkey, mince pies, yule log and chocolates we've stuffed lately!!! It was, however, a MOST ENJOYABLE evening, thanks mate.

After we left our friend and toddled off to bed, we were expecting another windy night as the forecast had said it would be. What we weren't expecting was to be woken almost hourly and for us to give up on sleeping before 06:00 - with people due to join us for dinner this evening, we may need a nap!!!

Following a post shortly before Christmas pondering the disappearance of six of my followers, I found that the lovely Di, of Pixie's Crafty Workshop, appears to have tracked down the cause .... and posted the following on her blog ........

Quote from a post on 'The Real Blogger Status' dated Monday December 21st:

During the past weekend, Blogger started the process of simplifying Following. This involves removing non Google accounts and profiles from Following.

As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other OpenId providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.
If you want more details then check out this link to the blogger status post. My thanks to Di, for tracking this down, I'm sure I've not been alone in wondering where my followers went.

Well now, here's a story on another topic entirely ... you may recall a week or so ago I posed the question about paper trimmers versus guillotines and canvased opinion ... you may also remember I purchased a guillotine. Hmmmf ... if only I'd waited! Hubby went to use our laminator yesterday morning, only to discover the motor burned out! Needing to use it yesterday (don't ask!) a new one had to be purchased from a local store and, obviously, one which had them in stock ..... cue internet trawling before the discovery of the best value option appeared to be at our local Argos. Off Mr K went .... and returned a little later with what looked like an oversized box for a laminator. The reason for this? It only came with a free rotary paper trimmer!!! No matter, I'm liking my guillotine and have had the best part of two weeks use from it already! - but, ... what a coincidence? And now, at least, I have a spare paper trimmer should I ever need one!!!

Well, since I had new stash AND I've still to get fed of the fab Carabelle stamps I succumbed to in the run up to Christmas ..... presto, a masculine card, kind of grungey but CAS too!


My card
My kind of grungey panel
And the insert and envelope
Materials used:-
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • Two pieces of black card cut to 14cm square
  • Snippets of white card, grey card and black card for image and matting
  • On the snippet of white card I brayered the Kaeidacolour "denim" ink pad and sest aside to dry whilst I read a few more chapters of my book .. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - if you're interested!!
  • Carabelle image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • CASual Fridays sentiment and Paper Arts splatter image stamped using Memento grey flannel ink
  • Crafters Companion tyre tread stamped using Memento grey flannel ink (stamped off once)

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 92 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Where the HeART is - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. That Craft Place - December 20th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Tuesday Throwdown - December 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Just because it's the last WOYWDW of 2015 doesn't mean that said work desk is going to look tidy - sorry peeps! Guess I just don't have it in me after all that turkey and those mince pies though I promise that I DID think about tidying it up for you all!!! Scouts honour


My messy desk ... I'm TOLD a cluttered desk is a sign of genius?!?!?!?
And a sneaky peek in to just one of the drawers in my work area

There will be eight of us at ours this evening, for dinner, my dear hubs is cooking THAI food - yummmm. Hope the surrogates won't leave us with too much in the way of leftovers, we're still working our way through the turkey and don't even get me started on the mince pie mountain built since the end of November!!

Since I shan't be posting again until 2016 (sounds so far away doesn't it?) may I take this opportunity to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR - all the best fellow bloggers, followers, readers and occasional visitors - I appreciate you all




4 comments:

Margaret said...

What a cute guy card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

SARN said...

Great masculine card Kathy.

Isn't that just annoying that you got a new trimmer for nixes after all! Never mind, if you go to a crop the rotary trimmer might be easier to carry than the guillotine eh?

Happy WOYWW and enjoy your get together tonight.

All good wishes for a VERY happy and healthy New Year.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Great grungy CAS card. Happy New Year

catherine said...

Great masculine card kathy and looks like some tidying up has been done in the palace!!
Thanks for the info on the followers- I was loosing them and was beginning to wonder what was happening!!!
Have a wonderful happy new year xxx