Sunday, 27 December 2015

Welcome to my usual Sunday morning post .....

Morning all .... even if it IS only just!

It's a bit late .... my apologies but ... you know how it is - time gets away from you when you least expect it to .... Actually, I PROMISED myself a couple of hours at the ToC (Table of Craftiness) yesterday especially since I got some lovely craft goodies for Christmas ... I EVEN started to tidy up but .. it proved messier than anticipated and I simply ran out of time before having to go out and, since I was out for the rest of the day ... that was definitely a NO THEN!!!

There, that was by way of an explanation for the lateness of this post and absolutely NOTHING to do with alcohol!!!


My tag
My image panel
Glass bead glitter gel, goes on white
Dries clear and astonishingly twinkly and tactile ... go on! You KNOW you want some!
Materials used:
  • Luggage tag - 60 x 120mm
  • Distress Paint:- spiced marmalade, mustard seed and picked raspberry applied to tag with a brayer and bronze applied with randomly with a brush
  • Crafty Individuals rabbit/hare (can never tell the difference!) stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Inks: salty ocean, tumbled glass, tea dye, hickory smoke, victorian velvet - used water colour style to colour
  • Quickie glue pen used to colour crown, allowed to dry tacky and then gold gilding flakes applied
  • Watercolour snippet previously coloured with brushos and mica powder, cut to mat
  • Edges distressed with a Tim Holtz distressing tool
  • Tsukineko shimmer spray applied over image panel
  • Signo Uniball white gel pen used to highlight the design on the critter!
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied liberally to those areas of the tag which weren't going to be covered by my image panel and set aside to dry

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 208/209 - SNIPPETS challenge
  2. Allsorts - challenge 342/343 - ANYTHING BUT CHRISTMAS
  3. Inkspirational - challenge No. 98 - Bah Humbug - ANYTHING BUT CHRISTMAS
  4. Simply Papercrafts for all occasions - challenge No. 20 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  5. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES

Now, where was I yesterday? I hear you ask .. well, I'll tell you - we were spending the day with our extended family known collectively as "the surrogates" .. we do this annually and usually (but not always) on Boxing Day, we exchange a Secret Santa gift to a value agreed beforehand and there's usually hot and cold nibbles, drinkies and party games!!! It's usually a complete blast and yesterday was no different .... there was great food, great chat, silly games and .... more presents too!!! Thanks, surrogates, for a lovely day and for our presents too.







Oops. I think I've been well sat upon!


8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good to see you managed to ink that gorgeous hare stamp Mrs. Smashing schparkle too.

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Not least the dog, who seems to have worked out EXACTLY who his number one fan is :oD

Lx

SARN said...

Loving the look of your glitzy tag using your new stamp.

Happy Sunday!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

PS: I think the dog was trying to get his Santa hat back!

Andree said...

A wonderful tag and an adorable hare. The effect of the glass beads is amazing and the colours you've used are lovely.
Thank you for joining in with the December challenge "Anything Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck x

Wheelie Crafty said...

Awesome Kathy... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

Hugs Rhonda DT xx
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

Di said...

Love this tag Kathy - and don't ask me just why but I think it's a hare :) Great photos of a fun day too!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Wow love your glittery "bunny" tag. I bet that was using new stash! Great photos. Looks as if you had a fun time. Wishing you and your hubby a very happy New Year. Barbxx

Debs M said...

great tag - I got some of that gel for Xmas too x

Annie said...

Happy New Year to you too Kathy - so good to see you popping into Humbug Hall - you never know we may be open agsin soon. Annie and Max xxx