And here are some pix to show you how I achieved it:-
|My tag with the picket fence Distress Paint "toothbrush painted"|
It doesn't show well here but ..... it shows a treat further down ...
|Then white embossing added|
|Three colours of Distress Ink applied with my blending tool|
|NOW you can see the effect achieved by the "toothbrush painting"|
At this point I also flicked water from my finger tips and then blotted
|A liberal spritz of mica mist - to give added Christmas magic!|
|Add some glaze and glitter and gemstones .. VOILA!|
Christmas comes to mixed media!
|Some of the materials used|
- Manilla tag - 60 x 120mm
- Distress Paint in picket fence, applied with a toothbrush across the top and smooshed the applicator sponge to the bottom before setting aside to dry
- Talcum powder dusted over the tag and the excess brushed off, to ward off the static!
- Inkadinkado sentiment and snowflakes stamped using Versamark ink, sprinkled with Fun Stamps white embossing powder (excess tapped off and returned to jar) before heat embossing
- Distress Inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean and stormy sky applied "Ombre style" to the tag with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and a foam pad .... the distress paint and the embossing act as a resist so, once inking completed I ran over the "white bits" with a slightly moist baby wip to remove the ink from the resisted areas and brighten the contract
- Using my fingers I flicked water randomly, allowing to develop for a few seconds before blotting with paper towel
- Perfect Pearls Sunflower shimmer spritzed over the tag to add some Chirstmas shimmer and magic
- Memory Box Christmas tree die cut from a piece of off white DCWV glitter card and glue brush applied to the reverse before adhering to my tag
- Crystal gemstones added - for further Chrimbly "bling"!
- Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper free image) stamped around the outer edge of the tag using Distress Ink in salty ocean
- Paper Artsy fresco glaze swiped over the faux "snow" at the base of the tag and then liberally sprinkled with Crystal Glamour Dust
I'll also be entering this tag for the following challenges:-
- A snowflakes promise - challenge No. 9 - CHRISTMAS
- Clear It Out - challenge - HALLOWEEN or CHRISTMAS must use a stash die cut
- Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 334 - SPARKLE
- Happy Little Stampers - November Christmas challenge - TAG