Sunday, 15 November 2015

Lazy Sunday, mostly because it's STILL soggy!

Morning all,

Welcome to another wet weekend, looks like this be in for the duration but let's hope not! It was VILE all day yesterday and today has started in a VERY similar fashion, nothing for it but to stay in and craft .... sound like a plan?

As my regular readers will know, I participate in an ATC materials swap with a trading card buddy on the Isle of Skye .. received my latest batch of materials recently ....

Textured blue card, metallic effect die cut and three blue faceted gemstones
And here is what I made ..... 






Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Blue card (provided) run through an embossing folder and then coloured with Distress Inks in blueprint sketch and chipped sapphire
  • Treasure Gold in Amethyst applied with a finger to the raised areas along with just a smattering of glass bead glitter gel (which doesn't show in the photo)
  • Blue/white bakers twine wrapped three times around the ATC and knotted
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous image from the Time Traveller set, using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Distress Ink in hickory smoke
  • I only used two of the gemstones sent to me, attached using Aleene's dries clear tacky glue pen .... which I probably won't use again as it's very difficult to get the glue out as it approaches empty! NOT for those with hand dexterity issues


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 203 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Super Scraps Saturday - challenge No. 225 - USE SCRAPS


Have a great Sunday, DESPITE the weather but, who knows? YOU might have sunshine, fingers crossed!

9 comments:

SARN said...

Vile weather here too Kathy! Perfect for crafting I'd say!

Just emailed you . . .but I see you've already conquered the ATC swap materials. Top marks yet again!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

well done on making a fab atc with not very much to go on! x

Lesley Thomas said...

Very inventive, given what you had to work with. I hope you are equarlly hard on her, when you send her something. Hehehe.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW, just shows that you need very little in the way of supplies to create something stunning Kathy my friend! Yes, it's miserable here in Plymouth too and I also plan to shut myself in my craft room and 'play'. Hope your Sunday's going great apart from the weather! Hazel xx

Aquarius said...

You were very inventive with what you were given - great ATC

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a great ACT Kathy!! No rain here, but oh so cloudy and cold.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Di said...

Love this Kathy - and you did so well with what you were sent. Crumbs, I'd have had the vapours! Vile weather here too - just as well I'm not planning to be running round outside right now!

My guess is that you must be back from your fab holiday - what a wonderful time I had reading all about it. Lucky girlie!

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Great ATC. He's a very serious looking man. Love the cog background. You were inspired. Barbxx

Lilian said...

Great make from the materials you were given,
Hugs
lilian