Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,

How's your week coming along? Mine's coming along pretty good .. physio yesterday has eased my aching back AND the decorating must be drawing to a close as we nipped out (after physio) and ordered the new carpet which is coming next week - HUZZAH!!! Been a long time coming but .... it will all be worth it in the end!

Decided to make a Christmas card .... thought I'd like to use this little used set of penguin stamps .. set off on one track, to make a wobbler card but - not happy, so this is the Mark II card ... it's ΓΌber CAS, which is just how I like it these days!

My card
 
The front, back and inside of the card along with the front and back of the envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9½ x 14cm
  • Two pieces of navy card cut to mat with a 1.6mm border
  • Inkadinkado penguin image and sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Zig clean colour brush pens (neon yellow, neon orange, violet and cool grey1) used to colour
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen and Stardust stickles used to highlight



I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - June 25th - RUDOLPH DAY CHALLENGE
  2. Weekly Christmas card challenge - challenge No. 30 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 287 - USE A SENTIMENT
  4. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 112 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY (ends July 8th)
  5. Chrimbo Crackers - challenge No. 109 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

And, since I don't seem to be able to stop myself .... on to another ATC ....




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets (scraps) of card in red, navy and white
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Hero Arts star image stamped using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Signo uniball white gel pen used to doodle a border




I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting Desert Diva's - Linky Party week 2 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
  2. The Paper Girls - challenge No. 106 - USE YOUR SCRAPS
  3. The Cats Pyjamas - challenge No. 317 - RED, WHITE, BLUE AND A TOUCH OF SPARKLE
  4. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 318 - ANYTHING GOES
And it's another ATC from me ....




Materials used:
  • ATC blanks
  • Card snippets in black, kraft and white
  • Katzelkraft cat image stamped on to the white snippet using Memento rich cocoa and coloured with alcohol markers (including the background
  • Visible Image mini flourish stamped around the outer edge using Versacolour raspberry (flourish side) and Ranger Archival sepia (border side)
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped randomly using Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Stamplorations exclamation mark image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Faber Castell big brush white pen used to doodle a border
  • Black glitter gel pen to dot the cats eyes and nose
  • Stardust stickles to highlight



I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. SUYP - challenge No. 7 - FURRYTHING GOES (must include a cat)
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - June 28th - July 4th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 22 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I'd like to share a look at my desk, I'll be entering my pic over at WOYWW challenge # 369 - where I shall be entry #16




And finally, today is the birthday of my crafting buddy, SCRAPPYJACKY so, wishing you a very




32 comments:

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW Kathy.

Terrific penguins festive make there mate, and am also loving the ATCs.

Good to hear physio is helping you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Chidkid said...

WOW! I thought I did a lot of challenges! Great projects. Elaine no. 20

Diana Taylor said...

The Penguins are so cute - I love the clean and simple look. I also love the expression on the cat's face - so funny! Thanks for the visit earlier, I hope you have a great week,
Diana #25

Lisca Meijer said...

Oh I love your penguin Xmas card! So simple! Less is more.
Your ATCs are great too.
And the Katzelkraft cat is really fun.
Happy WOYWW,
Lisca#12

lilian said...

Loving those penguins, Great card, ATC's fab

Lilian

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, love all the cards. those penguins are super cute. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #6 xxx

Kath said...

Gosh, you've been busy! Great creations and I really like your CAS penguins - perfect for our Rudolph Day Challenge. Thanks for joining us and good luck!
Kath x

Becca Cruger said...

Giiiiirl you sure know how to work some sparkles! I love all of your clever creations, but that sparkly striped cat had me giggling and gushing. His expression just cracks me up!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The penguins and the cat made me laugh a lot! Good luck with all the challenges :-)
Hugs, LLJ xxxx

Neet said...

Caught sight of the cat top right before I came to it on your post - cute! Love the CAS penguins, I do like CAS.
Hope the back keeps improving, I need my hot wheat bottle right now.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

dmgarafalo said...

Love all your cards, thank you for the tutorials,I am going to try my hand at the star later! blessings, donna #9

Angela Radford said...

That cat is adorable and the penguins so sweet, love them. I hope the back gets better soon. Thanks for the visit to mine and have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 15

Twiglet said...

Fab C cards - I get round to mine in November - if I am lucky!! x Jo

scrappymo! said...

Great cards Kathy. I love the inside of these and the matching envelopes too!

The non traditional colours are fab...hot and very bold neons!

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph days Challenge.

Valerija said...

Lovely cards. I really like penguins card for our Rudolph Days Challenge.
Thank you for joining us. Good Luck.
Hugs,
Valerija - DT member.

Kathleen said...

Totally love the penguin card and the way you carry it on all through the card and envelope, very classy.
Love your other makes too Kathy.

Kath x

sandra de said...

Great cards Kathy and I love to see how you have used simple images and turned them into stunning cards.
sandra de @21

MaryH said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Much appreciated. Love these skating penguins in their adorable neon colored hats. I like it just as you have it done! Glad to hear your back is feeling better, and that the carpet will soon be installed. Your ATC's look super and amazing that you could finish all this while contending with back issues too. Love your desk. I'd feel right at home there! TFS & Hugs

serendipity said...

Fab Atcs love the moggy.
How do I get email notifications when you've posted?
Jx

ike said...

Super cool creations and the penguins made me giggle. :-) LUV your kitty ATC and I really like how you show a pikkie of all the things you used :-D
Good to hear that your decorating may be nearing it's end. !!
Thank you for coming to purr along at SUYP Cats Challenges :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

what fun you've been having Kathy!

I must admit I chuckled when I saw how pristine your ink pads are, I think mine are quite few years older than yours or maybe I am super-uber messy :D

Three very clever cards and lovely peek at your desk too! I am number #52 and in disgrace for being a whole day late :D

Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Cara said...

Wow, you've been busy! Love it all but that cat ATC made me giggle! Loving the gold ink too, might need to get me some of that. Cara x

laurie said...

What a fun post! Awesome cards, the penguins are SO cute.Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenge!

Liz said...

Fabulous CAS penguin card - so cute!
Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz xx

Susangail Powell said...

Penguins are so cute but skating penguins...ADORABLE!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 287 - hope to see you again soon x

La Papera Gialla said...

Great job!
Thanks for sharing your cards at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Katrina Brown said...

That kitty is so adorable! I love the sparkle and the exclamation point with his expression makes me wonder just what he is up to! Thanks for sharing with us over at TTCRD.
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

CraftygasheadZo said...

Fab makes! Sorry I'm late, not been so good, now dashing round and catching up! Take care Zo xx 29

Brenda said...

There's nothing like shine to make me happy. I love all your creations. The red, white and blue one is perfect for our TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas. Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Mandy LaCroix said...

So super cute! LOVE those penguins. :) Very fun and festive.
Thanks for sharing over at Christmas Card Challenges! :)

Nancy Thomas said...

Love your ATC for the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas. Actually all your creations are so well done!