Friday, 25 November 2016

Welcome to the start of the weekend

Morning all,

I hope any U.S. readers haven't woken with a hangover today, given that yesterday was Thanksgiving .. especially since today is BLACK FRIDAY!!! Happy shopping!

Me? That'll be a no too - because A) Not in the U.S. and B) NOT going shopping! I've been crafting - more thank you cards in readiness for the pending festive season and I liked the layout of Wednesday's Thank You card but thought I would try it with a different sentiment .....

My card
And a closer view of the sparkle and glimmer

The front and back of my card

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 12 cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9cm and 9½cm square
  • One piece of navy card cut to 9½cm square
  • See D's sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento Bahama Blue and Delicata golden glitz inks
  • Diamond stickles to bling it up

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 221 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Little Red Wagon - November 23rd challenge - SPARKLE AND SHINE
  3. Mod Squad - November 23rd challenge - SPARKLE IT UP
  4. Perfectly Created Chaos - challenge No. 6 - CAS THANK YOU

And now for the Friday Funny, had to find this one on Facebook but it tickled my funny bone as I hope it will yours, ENJOY

A man purchased a new BMW to celebrate his wife leaving him and was out on the country roads for a nice evening drive. The breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing blue lights behind him. "There's no way they can catch a BMW," he thought to himself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100.....Then the reality of the situation hit him. "What am I doing?" he thought and pulled over. 

The police officer came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car. "It's been a long hard day, this is the end of my shift and it's Friday. I don't feel like more paperwork, I don't need the frustration or the overtime, so if you can give me a really good excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go." 

The guy thinks about it for a second and says, "Last week my nagging wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back!" "Have a nice weekend," said the officer.

Have a great weekend too


9 comments:

SARN said...

Love the colourful thank you card . . . and I chuckled at the Friday Funny.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Got a rare half hour, so I popped over to look at your latest. Great card as always, and again, the envelope and inside match perfectly too! Thanks for the giggle from the Friday funny! Have a great weekend! Hazel xx

Pat said...

Love the colours and glitter of this thank you card Kathy and the Friday Funny really made me chuckle. Have a lovely weekend. x

Brenda said...

When I said sparkle and shine, this is what I was talking about! Such a gorgeous, fun card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Debs M said...

love the sparklies! x

cm said...

Your shimmery, sparkly thank you card is fabulous! Your Friday funny most definitely is! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~carol

Lady Joyful said...

Fabulous card! Love all the shimmer and sparkle.

Bobby said...

You can never have enough thank yous, even on one card. ;) Thank you for sharing it with us at ATSM this week.

Peggy T. said...

Lovely card, Kathy. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Peggy T.
DT Member