Morning readers,
I've a make to share with you today ....... inspired by a video of Eileen Godwins which I watched and which I share with you at the bottom of this post. This ATC and the card below it, were intended for a friend and I am happy to share it now that I KNOW it has arrived!
I've a make to share with you today ....... inspired by a video of Eileen Godwins which I watched and which I share with you at the bottom of this post. This ATC and the card below it, were intended for a friend and I am happy to share it now that I KNOW it has arrived!
Materials used:
- ATC blank
- Snippets of leftover Kraft card
- Using a makeup brush and my Memory Box 88517 grid stencil I applied Distress Oxide in antique linen to the entire panel
- After removing the MB stencil ... Funky Fossil (ST0415) placed over the ATC panel and Adirondack cranberry ink applied randomly through the "rock" section and Adirondack watermelon (at the top) through the paper edge and to add contrast to the "rock" section. I also added just a touch of Adirondack purple delight to the "rock" section too ... till I was happy with the colour
- Using the Heffy Doodle mask from ("circle stencil/mask") I just applied a light edging randomly, using the Adirondack cranberry ink
- Paper Artsy sentiment (from HTPX03) and Sunshine Designs "thistle" image stamped using Versafien Clair nocturne ink
- Finally, I used my makeup brush to apply just a touch of the purple delight ink around the outer edge of my ATC before calling it DONE!
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Country View Crafts - November challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
- Crafts Galore Encore - November challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 407 - ANYTHING GOES
- Retro Rubber - challenge No. 147 - ANYTHING GOES + MUST be older images than one year ... my inks are aeons old and my Sunshine Designs and Paper Artsy stamps from 2010 and 2011
- Crafty Sentiments - November 3rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And I decided to use some of the same inspiration to make a card to accompany the ATC "en route" to its forever home .... my friend and I have had a couple of conversations regarding the fabulous range of Aall & Create stencils/matching stamps so it was just a logical step to make my card to actually make a feature of the stencil - I am LOVING the combination of colours against the Kraft background.
Materials used:
- 300gsm 4" x 4" Kraft card
- Two pieces of Kraft card cut to fit
- One piece of cranberry (maroon) card, cut to mat
- Using my Heffy Doodle Circle stencil (from the stencil/mask combo) and using a makeup brush I light applied Distress Oxide in antique linen to the entire circle before placing my Aall & Create triangles stencil (#105) and applying more antique linen to approximately half of the circle ... applying and blending Adirondack watermelon and purple delight inks to the other half. On top of the antique linen it was decidedly more pink and quite a pretty colour combo!
- Before removing the stencil, I placed the "mask" centre circle and then removed the stencil. Holding the mask in place I applied a little of the Adirondack purple delight around the outer edges, which gave definition to the circle
- Stampers Anonymous sentiment (from CMS155) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
- On the envelope I used the Aall & Create matching triangle stamp (#376) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink but decided I actually preferred the blended stencilling so reverted to the stencilling for the back and inside of my card
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Crafters Cafe - November just for fun challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 127 - ANYTHING GOES
- Always Fun - challenge No. 187 - USE KRAFT
- Through The Craft Room Door - November 3rd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 132 - ANYTHING GOES
Eileen's original video ... can you see which bit I took inspiration from? Oh yes, and her Absolutely Abstract stencil, which is now on my Christmas list!
First proper "fog" yesterday ..... maybe something to do with all the fireworks the night before!!! Always seemed to be foggy around Bonfire Night when I was growing up too!!!
![]() |
| WHAT A DIFFERENCE?!?!?! |










11 comments:
Absolutely SMASHING ATC and card using Eileen's inspiration. Love the colour scheme on the kraft card. Love everything about both of them actually!!!!!
Happy Friday!
Hugs, Sarn x
This is so beautiful and I am loving stencils these days too!! And that fog picture is amazing. What a difference! Thanks for posting in The Crafter's Cafe for our challenge this week.
That ATC is fabulous Kathy and love rock shapes stencilling in three colours for light and shade, and also the added paper edge and graph stencilling look great too, then the black thistle and sentiment stamped over the top. The added circle pattern looks super and is a la Eileen..I haven't tried that yet. The card to acommpany the ATC using triangular stencilling in the masked circle is brilliant and a great idea to use the Antique Linen and in some areas the mid pink and purple used on the first, which has come out as a very pretty lighter pink, and love the sentiment to finish. A really foggy start to the day and amazing difference in a couple of ours. It was a bit foggy here first thing but no where near as bad, and soon cleared. x
Thanks for entering your wonderful creations at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.
Love the ATC Kathy and the background is stunning must have a look at the video. great card also mate,
Take care and stay safe,
Lilian
Hi Kathy such a cool ATC. Thanks so much for joining in with my anything but a card challenge over at country view challenges. Happy November, hugs xx
Lovely card
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards
Hugs
Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT Crazy Craft Corner{My Blog}
The way you've built up the layers is very pretty. I like the softness of the effect. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.
Nice ATC ! Thank you so much for joining us over at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x
What a great ATC, I've not made any in a while . . . should change that. Great way to build interesting layers. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!
Amazing ATC, the background is just stunning!! I love the rich colours with the white overlay. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT
Post a Comment