Saturday, 14 November 2020

Saturday - watching paint dry!

Morning readers, 

Since we're in lockdown right now ... I guess I'll be watching ink, paint or glue dry at some point today! Not like there's a whole lot else available to us right now - best of luck with getting through this and out the other side dear reader!

I've a make to share with you today ....... some more older stash seeing the light of day again - this time in the form of the Inkadinkado flourish

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  1. White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  2. Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  3. DCWV textured card stack in mid and deep green, cut to mat
  4. Inkadinkado swirl (from 2014 - 99241 "wellspring") and HLS sentiment (from "wish you were here") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  5. Placing my Funky Fossil stencil (ST0415 "make your mark") over the stamped image and using a makeup brush, I applied Memento bamboo leaves randomly around the stamped image/sentiment
  6. Unicorn stickles to bling up the card


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Seize the Birthday - challenge No. 203 - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES - I didn't use the OPTIONAL topping
  2. Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 297 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
  3. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 484 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Polkadoodles - challenge No. 46 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 197 - ANYTHING GOES
 

13 comments:

Sarn said...

Super CAS birthday card. Love the colour combo.

Xxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Lockdown. Eat, sleep, craft repeat ;-)
It looks like I'm not the only one digging through my old stash for inspiration.
Fabulous CAS card. Love that soft green stenciling behind your bold swirl.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card love the delicate stencilling behind the flourish
Carol x

Liz said...

Plenty of time to watch ink, paint and glue dry today, Kathy. With the weather we've been having, we've didn't even get out for a walk today. Love your CAS card, the delicate stencilling is lovely. xx

Lillianb said...

Another great make mate, , the sentiment has great style,

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian

Elizabeth Hart said...

I loved how you made this a matching set with the envelope too! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card Kathy. We’ve just come out of 4 months hard lockdown where I live in Australia and it was hard but it worked. No new cases in over two weeks now. Good luck ! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Viv said...

Beautiful card and envelope Kathy, sorry I am so late again leaving a comment! stay well and safe mf ;) hugs Viv xx

Pat said...

I'm with you Kathy, not the best of times at the moment. I love your Inkadinkado flourish so striking, and the small hexagon stencilling in the background in that pretty soft green looks great, and love the complementary matted layer too. x

Created by Kath said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Saphron said...

Beautifully clean and simple - wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

Catrin Goodwin said...

So Simple and wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Penny's - Good Luck x

Maria Valente said...

I love this! Thank you for playing along with us at Penny's Challenges.
Hugs