Friday, 27 November 2020

It's Friday again ......

Morning readers, 

Like many others, we found out yesterday that we are to be placed in to Tier 3 for Covid-19 restrictions and likely to remain there until at least December 15th. Hmmf, that's scuppered plans for December 4th and 12th but it can't be helped, we NEED to get the rate of infection under control. Guess Christmas is going to be a little weird this year. You know how there's always one present left under the tree after the 25th because you just COULDN'T make it work to meet everyone? This year it's likely to be just the one present delivered ... and that will be my other half!!! Stay in, Stay SAFE everyone.

I've a make to share with you today ....... yes, alright, it IS another Christmas card but you just KNOW I'm not the only one making Christmas cards right now!

My card - is it me? Or does he remind you of a skittle?

 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope
showing the way the white gel makes the sentiment pop

Materials used:
  • Kraft 4" x 4" square card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of Kraft card cut to fit
  • One piece of textured white, self adhesive, card cut to mat
  • Paper Artsy image and sentiment (from ZA19) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, elsewhere on my card I stamped the Studiolight sentiment (SL470) using the same ink and highlighting using a Tsukineko white gelly roll gel pen (to make it pop against the Kraft background)
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my image and a Pilot clear glitter gel marker, to highlight
  • Using a makeup brush and a Tim Holtz star stencil (from set #38) I applied a little Distress Oxide, in antique linen, around the image

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. The Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 84 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Always Fun - challenge No. 190 - INSPIRED BY A MOVIE .. what else but "The Santa Clause 2" the movie where they clone Santa and he gets toppled like a skittle!!
  3. Sisterhood of Crafters - November 25th challenge - SHAPED PROJECTS (i.e. NOT a rectangle)
  4. Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 135 - CUTE CHRISTMAS
  5. The Paper Shelter - challenge No. 451 - CHRISTMAS

And now ... a card that actually ISN'T a Christmas card!!!

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • Kraft 4" x 4", 300gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of Kraft card cut to fit
  • One piece each of black card and self adhesive textured card, cut to mat
  • Snippets of leftover card in white, pearl grey and black, for my image panel
  • Magenta dog in square (23 316) stamped on my white snippet (and elsewhere) using Versafine Clair nocturne - it's so old but I have the cat version too so maybe you will see that soon too!
  • Faber Castell polychromos pencils used to colour my image
  • Once coloured, I fussy cut out the image before mounting on the pearl grey card and then black card
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment (from WTF) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. ArtsyStamper - challenge No. 28 - CRITTERS
  2. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 535 - ALL OCCASIONS
  3. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 265 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT
  4. Water Cooler Wednesday - challenge No. 299 - ALL ABOUT OCCASIONS
  5. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 485 - ANYTHING GOES

I've been very bad this week ... not only did I order some Arteza water colour brush markers (like I NEED another colouring medium!) I also put the Christmas tree up, though I DID stop short of putting up the 6' tree in favour of a 4'-er! Felt the place needed some sparkle! There's not much sparkle in our lives right now and I'm still wondering how Christmas is going to work this year but ..... I'm no quitter!

In deference to what a pants year 2020 has been, it's just a little tree!

New decor in the hall so new lights - these do not flash!

Yes, the outside lights are up too ... though they're not connected - the neighbours have done nothing to deserve moving Christmas in to November! Right now our decorations are purely for our own sparkle!

Mind you, if yesterday morning is any indication ... people might not see them anyway!
This was 09:00 - the fog was actually THICKER than at 08:30!


9 comments:

Jackie Cornfield said...

Perfect for our Challenge!
So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

Darlene said...

Such cute cards Kathy! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog! Good Luck in the draw and hope to see you again next challenge!

Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop by for a visit.

Sarn said...

Two fab craft cards here mate. Particularly like the dog one.

Bit late commenting. I'm following your lead and will put up my tree and dec's this weekend.
Xxx

Pat said...

What a fun Christmas card Kathy, and I think that Santa reminds me of one of those dolls made from a wooden peg with the long thin shape..lol, and I also love your sweet dalmation dog with the pink and grey window background, and the colours of both go beautifully with the kraft card. I have often looked at the Arteza pens but have resisted the temptation thus far. You must let us all know how you find them. That was very thick fog you had this am, don't think we had any, not that I was awake that early, I tend to sleep in rather longer, though Hubby would have been up and around. x

Dawn T said...

Fabulous cards Kathy. Thanks for sharing your cute as birthday card with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this fabulous card such a great image and design thank you for joining our challenge at THE PAPER SHELTER
hugs
lorraine x

Debbie Mageed said...

Wonderful holiday cards! Such cute images and layered perfectly. Thank you for playing with us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge and hope you come back soon.

Saphron said...

Two lovely cards. I love that cute pup, with a lovely C&S design. Great work!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit
PS that fog is crazy!

BDCraftsMore said...

Both cards are so adorable!!! I do agree, 2020 has been quite an adventure... Hopefully 2021 will be better :)
This is Brian from Penny's Blog, thank you for entering our challenge!!