Wednesday, 18 November 2020

It's Wednesday and we're over half way through November ...

Morning readers, 

I've a couple of makes to share with you today, as an entry for the TWOFER challenge (the last of the year)  ....... essentially the same image but two different cards, for two different occasions. Here are my two cards, together (as per the challenge) and the stamp used - this fabulous star stamp is a good ten years old but I keep coming back to it - I'm sure you can see why!

My two cards, one birthday and one Christmas ... well, it IS that time of year!
Hero Arts Harlequin star E3654 - such a fab image

And now - individually, first my birthday card:-

My card #1
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • Stamps used: Hero Arts "Harlequin star" E3654 and HLS sentiment (from "wish you were here)
  • Inks used: Ranger Archival vibrant fuchsia and majestic violet ... yes, you're not wrong - I made the Christmas card first and, plainly, didn't do such a terrific job of cleaning the blue ink but ... I seriously loved the colour it turned out! and Versafine Clair nocturne


And now my Christmas card:

My card #2
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • Kraft, 4" x 4" 300gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of Kraft card, cut to fit
  • Stamps used: Hero Arts "Harlequin star" E3654 and PRS sentiment from "Sketchy Christmas"
  • Inks used: Versafine Clair twilight and Distress Oxide antique linen



I'll be entering the above makes for the following challenges (no more than 5 for either card):-
  1. Twofer Challenge - challenge No. 33 - STARS (Cards 1 and 2)
  2. A Bit More Time To Craft - challenge No. 128 - ANYTHING GOES (card #1)
  3. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 408 - ANYTHING GOES (card #1)
  4. Retro Rubber - challenge No. 148 - THEY SAID IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY (card #1)
  5. Unicorn Challenge - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES (card #1)
  6. The Paper Players - challenge No. 517 - HOORAY FOR THE HOLIDAYS (card #2)
  7. DragonFly Dreams - November challenge - CHRISTMAS/WINTER (card #2)
  8. Sweet Stampers - challenge No. 50 - CHRISTMAS (card #2)
  9. Holly and Ivy - challenge No. 83 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES (card #2)
 
RRCB 148

For some months now, I've been encountering some Bassett Hounds whilst out walking, now Bassetts are the favourite breed of my dear hubby and he's not yet seen them, I sometimes wonder if he think I made them up! On Monday, he dropped me "en route" to the weekly shop and I walked home ...... at this point in the tale it will come as no surprise, dear reader, that you hear I bumped in to - you guessed it, the Bassett's! With permission, I took pix of all three of them. Of course, it was like herding cats to get all three in one photo so I share with you this morning the pix I DID manage to get!
This handsome fellow is the baby of the bunch

This little chap was, plainly, more interested in the scent he was following!

And this, being the elder statesman, just stood watching it all unfold!


12 comments:

Sarn said...

A fabulous duo of starry cards. Very useful stamp. Love the fonts of the Christmas sentiment.

Shame Mr K didn't see the hounds IRL but at least you have proved they exist!!

Xxx

Lillianb said...

Two great makes Kathy, Love the idea of that and might give it a go myself, Great pictures of the dogs,

Lilian

Vicky Hayes said...

Not long until the winter solstice and then it's all downhill from there! Love the starry duo and am pleased that you are still giving your ten your old stamp some love :) Those Bassetts are adorable! They are such serious-looking, funny little dogs aren't they. Eva and I meet a large chap called Bertie on some of our town walks and Eva flirts with Bertie while he wags gently and looks dignified! Vicky x

Pat said...

Two very pretty starry cards Kathy, and love the fuchsia and violet, and then the dark grey against the kraft card is very elegant and love both the sentiments, but particularly the Christmas one with its swirly look. Glad you had a good walk and love the photos of the three Basset Hounds..hubby will be sad he missed them. x

Darnell said...

What a cool Harley Quinn stamp that is! I can see why you love it, Kathy! It looks splendid as a colorful border on your first design and as the star of the show on your second. Loved the basset photos! My local bestie has always had bassets ... now does Hubs believe you?! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #33! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Stef Perry said...

Some stamps are just too dear to ever give up and I can see why you've held onto this terrific star stamp! Love the Kraft and black combo, it's perfect for a rustic look. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Anita in France said...

Yep, that's such a cool, stylish, graphic star, Kathy ... fabulous as a border in those purple-y hues on your CAS birthday card! Love how you have added the soft inking from the points of the star on your Christmas card ... reflects the Light of the World beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

creative lady said...

Love your birthday card. The Merry Christmas sentiment is so cool. Love your dog pics too. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Rachelle Oltean said...

What a great CAS off-the edge design! Love the stars! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Retro Rubber Challenge #148 - They Say It's Your Birthday!
Rachelle - Guest Designer : )

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

Beautiful Card and a lovely dog.
Big Hug Bianca
Sweet Stampers Challenges Blog.

cass said...

Wonderful cards. Thanks for joining us at The Unicorn Challenge Blog for our "Anything Goes" challenge.

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni