Monday, 9 November 2020

YET another Monday has rolled around .....

Morning readers, 

I've two makes to share with you today ....... I was recently asked to make a birthday card for a guy who's fave colours are black and red, and he also plays guitar ...... I made two options to allow a choice - I have a definite preference but .... which one would you pick?

Card #1

 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of Paper Mill intense red, cut to mat
  • Inkadinkado guitar image (from 98693 "rockstar") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, including on to a length of Heffy Doodle low tack tape which I then fussy cut in order to use as a mask
  • Creative Expressions sentiment (from Urban Beats) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • With my guitar mask in place I overlaid my Clearly Besotted splatter stencil before applying candied apple Distress Oxide ink over the entire "splatter" and just a touch of Adirondack purple delight ink to the very outer edges. Overlying my Tim Holtz music stencil (from set #28) I applied further candied apple, with the aid of a makeup brush
Most of these materials appear on both projects

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Cardz4Guyz - challenge No. 257 - BIRTHDAY CARD FOR ADULT MALE
  2. The Male Room - challenge No. 144 - TOYS .... I'm arguing that a guitar is just a toy, for an adult!
  3. Sweet Stampin' - November 7th challenge - USE RED
  4. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 659 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 263 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT

And now for the second make ......

Card #2
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of Paper Mill intense red, cut to mat
  • Inkadinkado guitar image (from 98693 "rockstar") stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, including on to a length of Heffy Doodle low tack tape which I then fussy cut in order to use as a mask
  • Creative Expressions sentiment (from Urban Beats) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • With my mask in place I stamped my Honeydoo splodge image (from "Paint splodges") using Verafine Clair tulip red ink
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 501 - ANYTHING BUT CHRISTMAS
  2. Just Add Ink - challenge No. 530 - JUST ADD: STAMPS/INK/PAPER
  3. Seize The Birthday - challenge No. 203 - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES - there is always an optional topping but I didn't go that way this time around
  4. Krafty Chicks - challenge No. 532 - STAMP ACT
  5. CardzTV - challenge No. 127 - ANYTHING GOES
 

11 comments:

Sarn said...

They're both fab, but my preference is for the second card.

Have a good Monday.

Xxx

Barbara said...

This is a hard decision, but I think I like #1 best. That splash of red is spunky and I love how you made it perfectly personal for a special guy. Thanks for joining in the fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Barbara DT

Pat said...

To pick between these two fab cards is really difficult Kathy as they are both great! I love the guitar image and some great masking to get the two different background splats. I think on the whole I prefer the second card as the splat is a stronger red and gives more contrast with the black and white of the guitar, but they are both super cards. x

Lillianb said...

Two great makes Kathy, But have to say I like the splodge on the first so prefer that one,

Lilian

Julie B said...

Difficult decision Kathy, think I'll reman on the fence! Two super masculine makes with the pop of red to catch the eye, perfect for our latest challenge at Cardz4Guyz. TFS. :)

dj said...

That is a ROCKIN birthday card!! Thanks for playing along with our "adult male birthday" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

Chantell Randall said...

Wonderful splashes of colour on you fun cards. Chantell Just Add Ink

Donna Walls said...

Both great cards, I like the 1st best.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a choice, especially for the person who ordered it! They are both amazing cards and both have their great points, so I will opt out and say your entry into our challenge is fabulous :) Thank you so much for joining us in our Toys challenge at The Male Room this week.I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Sue Jackson said...

I think they are both great, but I have always loved big splats. Combined with the red, white, and black, you've created a fabulous guy's birthday card.
Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Hope to see you again soon!

MA-MI said...

The guitar is a perfect masculine toy! You did a great interpretation of the Toys challenge! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
Maja, DT