Monday, 16 November 2020

Monday - here comes another week on the road to nowhere!

Morning readers, 

Hope you all managed to stay dry! What a wet and wild weekend that was? One of my pals looked out of their bedroom wind yesterday morning and, initially thought it was fog as it was raining so hard. Fortunately, hubby and I managed our two mile walk in between the downpours - not as far as we'd like but hey ... it's way better than nothing! AND it allowed me to then spend some time at my ToC (Table of Craftiness) without guilt - always good! See further down this post for some pix of my Saturday walk - yesterday was just plain GREY, not good for taking photos!

I've a make to share with you today ....... I've a friend going through a really tough time right now and just wanted to make a card with a supportive message for her.

My card
And a closer view of the inky background and sparkle
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of textured deep red self adhesive card (by DCWV), cut to mat
  • With my Heffy Doodle circle stencil in place (HFD0260) and using a piece of card and a makeup brush I applied my elderly Adirondack inks raisin and terracotta in a linear pattern
  • Placing my Tim Holtz flourish stencil (from set #10) over my circle stencil I applied Memento grey flannel ink to give a light hint of the flourish
  • Paper Artsy bloom (a very  old stamp set ... HP1005) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink
  • TC sentiment (from S.5845.CL) stamped using Versafine Clair morning mist ink
  • Pilot glitter gel marker used to add sparkle to the bloom (elderly stash rediscovered whilst thinking of an alternative to all my stickles which are so old they don't seem to want to flow ... and I'm fed up of clearing the nozzles with a pin every 30 seconds! .... they were in the same drawer as my recently rediscovered oil pastels, what a treasure trove that drawer was?)

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Gem of a Challenge - challenge No. 23 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafters Castle - challenge No. 35 November - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 146 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. The Corrosive Challenge - challenge No. 11 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 484 - ANYTHING GOES

Still taking my daily walk but it has to be said that my times are varying greatly and very by weather! Some days you can't avoid the rain whatever happens! Saturday it was hurling it down first thing but had stopped by about 09:30 so ... off I went (waterproofed to the eyeballs, just in case) and was lucky to do nearly three miles without rain - it actually started not long after I got back and was then in for the day! Pheww!
Lovely autumnal colours

and the saturated ground has provided a lovely crop of mushrooms!
just not sure I want to eat them!

11 comments:

Sarn said...

Beautiful card. Love the stencilled background and that gorgeous large flower.

Glad you avoided most of the weekend rain. Certainly was a wild and woolly one!

Hugs, Sarn x

Sue - said...

Lovely card Kathy. Those mushrooms looked more like toadstools to me!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamp-love the sparkle-was definitely a wet and wild weekend, we had the same too rain so heavy it looked like fog!
Carol x

Pat said...

A beautiful card for your friend Kathy with the very subtle background stencilling and the PA bloom with some glitter gel marker over the flower head to give it some pretty bling. Glad you managed a walk and 2 miles isn't bad at all! Hubby and I have not been out for a walk since Friday, and today has been just as miserable. Hubby is better than me and does do a mile when he goes to get his paper, usually whilst I am still snoring..lol. x

Liz said...

Beautiful card Kathy, I'm sure it will be appreciated by your friend. Glad you're managing to get out for your walks in between the showers and downpours we've been having. xx

Joy Wilson said...

Stunning card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
JoyWilsonInk
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

Linda Mc Enery said...

Such a beautiful card, created with love and care. Super colour choices! Thanks for sharing this with us at Penny's!
Linda

Lillianb said...

Great card Kathy, and love the pictures, te mushroom don't look appetizing lol,

take care and stay safe.

Lilian

Megan J said...

Hi Kathy, a special card to support your friend, love the soft stamped background behind the dandelion. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Maria Luisa- scrap said...

Es muy bonita la tarjeta!precioso el estampado
Gracias por unirte a The Corrosive Challenge (DT)

Kathyk said...

And the translation for Maria Luisa's comment ....


The card is very beautiful! The pattern is beautiful
Thank you for joining The Corrosive Challenge (DT)

Kathyk