Friday, 13 November 2020

Friday ... so, here comes another weekend in lockdown!

Morning readers, 

Here's hoping you've had a good week despite lockdown 2.0 - I've been enjoying the guilt free time at the Table of Craftiness .. not like there's really THAT much else to do right now! Time to rummage to the bottom of those stamp drawers and take out some of my older stash ..... like this set from Paper Artsy

My card
 
The front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

I rethought the use of the pink ink and decided to water colour the flowers, to better match the image

Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card and matching sized card
  • Two pieces of white card cut to fit
  • One piece of lavender card, cut to fit
  • Paper Artsy floral spray and sentiment (from HP1009EZ) stamped using Versafine Clair nocturne ink, elsewhere on the project I stamped the single flower using Versafine Clair charming pink ink
  • Derwent Inktense water colour pencils used to colour and blended using water and a fine brush
  • Unicorn stickles to bling up the blooms

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Retro Rubber - challenge No. 147 - ANYTHING GOES but MUST use stamps older than one year - I can't find the year the PA set joined my stash but it's easily 5 years old
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - November 10th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Sentiments - November 10th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 415 - ANYTHING GOES
RRCB 147

And now for some WELL OLD NBUS (that's Never Before Used Schtuff, if you are unfamiliar). I KNEW I had it but .... must have bought it for a specific project which I subsequently never got round to doing .. I checked the sticks and not a single one appears to have ever been put to paper - until now!. I've watched a couple of videos by a talented (IMHO) artist using these oil pastels and thought to myself that perhaps it was time to break the seal on my own ..... not that my make is anything like as adventurous as any of the videos I watched!

My Artist Trading Card using not one but two NBUS items!!

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of leftover card in white and black
  • Inscribe oil pastels (NBUS)  applied DTP and blended using paper towel
  • Hero Arts image (from CL-477) and Paper Artsy sentiment (from HPXT03) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink before sprinkling with Kirsten Lapping's "clearly magic" (on the foliage - also NBUS) and Cosmic shimmer "Aurora" embossing powder (on the sentiment) and heat setting

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. NBUS - challenge No. 20 - USE NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff)
  2. Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 2045 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Lemon Shortbread - challenge No. 132 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 390 - USE SNIPPETS (2nd entry allowed this challenge)
  5. Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 484 - ANYTHING GOES

I know that my regular visitors know that I took up walking daily in August of 2019 and that I often share pix taken whilst enjoying these walks. We've a lot of building going on around us, small and medium housing developments but one particular single plot had been covered in brambles for many years. No more!! It's apparently going to be one house (and quite a large one at that) and might even be finished by Christmas. I was out the other morning (in the rain, I might add, now THAT's dedication!) and thought I would share the progress ...


And here I am, weatherproofed but suffering condensation!

8 comments:

Sarn said...

Terrific card and absolutely brilliant sentiment.

Loving the bright oil pastel ATC as well.

You were brave and dedicated going out in the rain.

Happy Friday!

Hugs, Sarn x

Pat said...

The PA flowers are beautiful Kathy and love the lilac colour using your Inktense Pencils, and a wonderful sentiment too, and then the ATC using your NBUS Oil Pastels for the background to these beautiful leaves and stylish sentiment, both with fantastic shine from the embossing. You are really dedicated to go out in the rain for your walk, and a great selfie, even with the misted over lens..lol. x

Neva Cole said...

What a great sentiment and the flower images make it even more fun! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge at Retro Rubber! Oh, I also take walks in the rain, this morning it was sideways while I needed to feed our two cattle. Needless to say I came in wet and covered with bits of hay.

Jan Clothier said...

What a great sentiment! The colours of the flowers, echoed in the base and mat, are lovely and add a touch of elegance and serentity. Thanks for sharing with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Di said...

Ho lwovely to see your smiling face on a very wet and windy day in Hampshire Kathy! I love your work in this post and especially your snippets card. I think the background is stunning and am now convinced you have far too many lovely and tempting things in your stash! Good luck in the draw hun!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

What a fun and fabulous post, Kathy! It was especially wonderful to see your condensed face smiling at us! You are a trooper and quite a talented one at that! I love both your projects today. I had to go off and find that Hot Picks set because that jam sediment rocked my world! And way to go using your pan pastels! You will have inspired many a card artist to rummage around for theirs today! Ahem! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep on smiling and enduring Lockdown 2.0. We WILL get through this if we're careful. If we're not, it might be sayonara! Hugs, Darnell p.s. Thank you for your card (unopened) which arrived yesterday!

Mrs A. said...

What a super sentiment that is and very true. Hugs Mrs A.

Saphron said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love that the card and envelope match!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit