Sunday, 10 February 2013

Another washout weekend!?!?!?

Afternoon,

Sluggish start at the purple palace as we were out gallivanting last evening and didn't get to bed until 03:30!!! WOW - can't take the late nights like we used to!

Where were we? Well, we were at Raj's our fave Indian and had a perfectly splendid time



So, after the slow start this morning what have I been up to? A little domesticity in the form of laundry and, no, that does NOT mean curry stains on the shirts!

That and a little crafting ..... I have a project under way for the pan pastels challenge this week which bears the theme: "LOVE AND ROMANCE". Of course, I've only gone and chosen stuff that needs to dry between layers haven't I? This means I don't actually have much to share with you ... so far! What I do have I am happy to share though and here it is ....


Wooden heart and 13cm square panel with modelling paste - drying

Wooden heart having been covered in flitter glue and sparkle 'n Sprinkle red tinsel glitter - drying .... AGAIN!
Do check back tomorrow and see how much further this project has gotten.


Happy Sunday, is it still raining with you? It was positively CHUCKING it down when we originally woke up and guess what? It STILL is ...... but that's better than snow which I'm given to understand quite a few of you have got both in the U.K. and in the U.S. - good luck with that and keep warm and safe, readers

9 comments:

clare said...

glad you had a good evening, will look forward to seeing how your project progresses. x

Debs M said...

love the effect of that modelling paste and that heart is fab.. just seen some ducks with wellies on floating by..... x

catherine said...

Looks like a great time had by all in the photo Kathy. Heart looks fantastic
x catherine

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hi Kathy, I would just like to say that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award
Hugs Suzy B

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

You are a saint. I could never wait for layers to dry (in most of my card photos, the stickles are still wet!) Can't wait to see how this turns out - the components are looking really good!

Craftylollea said...

Hi Kathy, love the heart and I can't wait to see how your project progresses :)
Hugz, from your newest follower and new teamie, Lorraine xx

Doodles said...

Hiya Kathy , thank you for always being a supportive friend I appreciate the time you take visiting my blog and the comments you leave. I'm so glad you had a fun night and I can't wait to see the finished card I bet it will be stunning
All the best Sharon xxx

Katiejane said...

The heart up close looks fantastic.
Can't believe you were at a restaurant til 03.30 how cool is that? If I'm ever that way I need to check out Raj for sure!
Katie

My name is Wynneth said...

Looks like a very nice time was had by all at Raj's - 3.30am ? I'd have been good for nothing at all after such a late night ! just can't do getting to bed in the early hours any more :o(

luv
wynneth
x