Friday, 19 February 2016

Welcome to the makings of a fab weekend!

Morning peeps,

First order of business this morning is to welcome new follower, Bonnie, thanks for stopping by, hope you will stop by again sometime soon.

Hope you've all had a great week and have something splendid to look forward to this weekend.

I nipped out to a pals on Wednesday morning, to catch up over coffee. We also met up with some pals for dinner on Wednesday, we went here, we've been here a number of times now and signed up for their loyalty scheme - hubs got a free main course!!! Yesterday morning it was a good long natter with a pal by phone as, sadly, she lives too far from me to simply pop in for coffee and a natter but it was almost as good as a personal catch up!

I recently spoke to a pal who was bemoaning the fact she had so much stash as yet uninked which reminded me that I had recently acquired "Les chats russes" by Katzelkraft and had, until yesterday, only inked one of the images to the set ....... so, I set about rectifying that pronto ... and inked not one but two! re-SULT!


My card
And a closer view of the image panel, you'd be grumpy too - with a mouse on your tail!
And my insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of 9½ x 13½cm white card panels
  • Two pieces of 9.9 x 13.9cm black card panels
  • Snippets of card in both black and white
  • Katzelkraft mouse stamped using Ranger Archival ink in jet black ink on to my snippet, insert and both the front and back of my envelope and also on to a post it which I then cut out and used as a mask
  • Katzelkraft cat image stamped over the mask using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Versacolour chateau grey and Memento pear tart inks
  • Sentiments by The Cat's Pyjamas and Precious Remembrance Shop stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pen in black used to highlight text and elements of image
Stamp sets used
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 181 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 292 - MALE BIRTHDAY
  3. Penny's challenge - challenge No. 265 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Ruby's Rainbow - challenge No. 123 - HUMOROUS BIRTHDAY
  5. The Cats Pyjamas - challenge No. 308 - USE AN ANIMAL

And Woo Hoo! I went to upload my entry over at The Cats Pyjamas this morning and found out I won their last challenge (TCPTUES307)  - thanks peeps, just dashed off to claim my prize!


The Cat's Pajamas

With more than a passing nod to the talent of
Kate Crane, I find I've been on a bit of a spoon dolly kick and made Mark I, II and III bases ...... Mark II featured in my post on Wednesday and Mark I lay sadly neglected for a day or so as I over "pinked" those flesh tones. However, a coat of white paint with a hint of tan seemed to sort that out so here's how Mark I looks ... If you check out Kate's you will find her spoon dolly much more creative than my own but still, I remain pretty happy with the results, after all, I'm a rubber stamper and this is way out of my personal comfort zone but, THANKS KATE



Dolly I
 

Now she has hair!
Materials used:
  • Wooden spoon
  • Gesso
  • White acrylic paint with a hint of pink
  • Inktense blocks and pencils
  • Water and fine paint brush
  • Graded (black thru grey) yarn, six strands plaited - for her hair
  • Hot glue gun, for attaching her hair
  • Blue alcohol marker and Faber Castell Pitt pen
Now, what I need dear readers ..... will be ideas about clothes for ETHEL (my last spoon dolly was Talullah .... I think these names are popping in to head from really old movies/actresses .. Talullah Bankhead and Ethel Barrymore - heaven only knows what the next one might be called) - any help will be most welcome.

And now, the Friday Funny, courtesy of Winifred - thanks mate - ENJOY .. it's a little irreverent but Winifred used to be a nun so I've no reason to suppose it will be found to be offensive.



Have a great weekend

19 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

loving the cat card and your spoon dolly too. enjoy Friday. x

lilian said...

That cat is lovely, Great card.

Spoon dolly looking good,

loving the FF

Lilian

scrappymo! said...

I like this cart card...great image...
I howled at the confessional joke!

Debs M said...

Loving those cat stamps/card and all your dollys look fab x

Barb said...

First Congratulations on your win Kathy. I love your card. Those cats are fantastic. I love his grumpy face. Ethel looks gorgeous with those lovely long legs! and I enjoyed your confessional funny. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fabulous card. I love those cats! Great sentiment too :oD Your dolly is looking fabulous! I love their cool undies. You could ALMOST leave them like that...

Have a great weekend and well done on your win Mrs. Lx

Viv said...

Great card Kathy, I love the cat stamps too....ooh and love the spoon & Friday funny also ;) Viv xx

SARN said...

LOVING the grumpy cat with THAT sentiment!

And your spoons are coming along nicely.

Happy Friday. Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Great male card with a super image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Debbie said...

Fantastic and fun card dearie. Really made me chuckle, beautifully finished off inside and the envelope too. A lovely touch. Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's rainbow. Good luck. hugs xxx

Brenda said...

Hi Kathy! Congrats on your win! Looking forward to seeing some new TCP images in the near future! This card brought a smile to my face...such an expressive fellow this kitty is. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday Challenge!

Chris said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love that grumpy cat stamp! Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky this week.
Chris
x

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Hettie said...

I love that card. So funny. Reminds me of that grumpy cat you see everywhere. Your ff is too funny!!!
Hugs
xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Congrats on your win on the last TCP challenge. Love the kitty and how you decorated the envelope. Thank you for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge at The Cat's Pajamas.

Rahmat said...

Haha the cat's expression gave me a chuckle, and the spoon dolly looks wonderful, great idea, so glad to see you at ATSM.

Mandy LaCroix said...

I just LOVE your cat card! It's adorable - coloring, image, sentiment, and all. :)
Thanks for sharing it over at the ATSM blog!

Cazro said...

A super humerous card. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow Caz DT.

Angela said...

Love that grumpy cat...and you decorated the inside and envelope too...awesome job on this challenge! Thank you for playing along with us at Ruby's Rainbow!