It was my blogversary yesterday ... apparently, I've been running my PurpliciousPrincessDiaries blog for EIGHT whole years (and one day - since it was yesterday!!!) so just thought I would say a great big THANK YOU to all those of you who visit and take the time to comment and/or follow, I appreciate you all.
I recently enjoyed making a batch of Artist Trading Coins and decided that I should like to make some more ... I wanted to use my recent acquisition of the "Beautiful You" stamps (by S.U.), however, turned out they were too big so it was back to the drawing board, but only AFTER I'd coloured and die cut them - DOH! ....
I found these mini birds which also came with dies and they fitted perfectly!!!, I was ready to roll .....
- Black card die cut in to 2½" circles
- I started to make a masterboard - the perfect way to batch make a few of these trading coins, using one piece of A4, 300gsm, water colour paper brayered with the fresco paints and, once dry, stamped using the white paint and the bubble wrap image
- Once the white stamped image was also dry I randomly (and partially) stamped the letter image using grey archival ink
- I stamped and die cut the crazy birds and coloured using Derwent Inktense pencils and a waterbrush, adhering them to my die cut circles using a Xyron sticker maker before adding some stickers to finish
- FYI ... I still have half of the masterboard left so ... will I make ATC's with them? I SHOULD then be able to use my stamped and die cut images which proved too big for the coins! YAY!
- Stamping Sensations - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 84 - ANYTHING GOES
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1824 - ANYTHING GOES
- Sunny Day Crafting - challenge No. 25 - ANY ANIMAL - hope birds count!
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 297 - MAKE YOUR MARK
Still at the ToC so ..... I ran up a couple of regular ATC's, especially since I had the black card and the remaining section fo masterboard handy AND had already got the images coloured and die cut - easy peasy!
|My two ATC's made from the masterboard used on my Artist Trading COINS|
- As above other than ... ATC blank
|My journal page|
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works) gesso'd
- Distress crayons (listed below) scribbled and then blended with a nearly dry baby wipe before placing stencils over the Distress crayon background, to knock back some colour
- A light spray of the Dylusions ink spray and then the page set aside to dry
- Dylusions border stamped using black ink and then colour added using the Inktense blocks and a waterbrush
- Dylusions Doolally Doris image stamped on to watercolour paper and coloured with the Inktense blocks and set aside to dry before fussy cutting out and adhering to my journal page
- Computer generated sentiments printed, coloured with Distress Craysons and then mounted on to 300gsm white card before cutting in to banner, scalloped edge and wonky stitched rectangle using dies listed below
- Art Impressions sentiment stamped using pink ink
- Neocolour II pink crayon used to trace around the image and sentiment panels, blended using the waterbrush
- Once totally dry I lightly sprayed Crafters Companion spray and shine, to set the water based inks and crayons
|Basic journal page, gesso'd then Distress Crayoned: festive berries / mustard seed / |
spiced marmalade / picked raspberry and twisted citron. Stencils: Tim Holtz set #35
and Dyan Reavely circles
- My Creative Scoop - challenge No. 35 - ANYTHING HAND COLOURED GOES
- Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday challenge - BRIGHT AND CHEERFUL
- Penny's Paper Crafty - challenge No. 385 - ANYTHING GOES
- CraftaholicsRUs - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES
Solution to the problem of receiving e-mails telling you about new comments left on your blog. This could be the solution you are looking for!
- Go to your DASHBOARD
- Click on SETTINGS
- Click on E-MAIL
- Deleter your e-mail address and click on SAVE SETTINGS in the top right corner
- Re-enter your e-mail address and click on SAVE SETTINGS again
- You SHOULD then receive and e-mail (in your inbox) asking you to confirm that you want to subscribe
- Click on the underlined word SUBSCRIBE