Please join me in welcoming my latest follower, Mrs A, thanks for following me and I hope you will visit again (as I know you have in the past) again soon.
It's been an absolute AGE since I did any journaling, I was at Craftathon the first weekend in June and having an absolute blast with good friends I've known since around 2008 so the page below just sort of grew organically as a result of the fun we were having .....
|My journal page|
- Page from my journal (Crawford and Black A5 sketchbook - £1 in The Works)
- Using an almost dry baby wipe I "swiped" the orange India ink over the page, which was not previously gesso'd
- Variety of stamps used, inked using the pink/orange/black inks
- We Love 2 Create - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- More Mixed Media - June 5th challenge - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
And now for a Christmas card ... a pal of mine has been setting a weekly JFF challenge on facebook and Sunday's theme was "6 Geese a laying" ... I have the FABULOUS Penny Black 12 Days of Christmas so .... had to be done! I deployed a technique I recently spotted whilst trawling that most useful of websites - youtube!!! only this time I used a Distress Oxide instead of paint. Have to say that I am LOVING this technique and thank heavens for finding a GOOD use for a glue stick!
|And a closer view of the image and foiling|
- White 12½cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 11½cm and 12cm square
- One piece of navy card cut to 12cm square
- Low tack tape and a die cut circle, to mask off my panel which I then coloured using the Distress Oxide, applied with a mini blender and foam pad
- Once dry I applied glue stick adhesive through the stencil, using my fingers to ensure a more even coverage
- I then removed the stencil and applied the foiling sheet, burnishing thoroughly and then setting aside to dry properly before removing the foil sheet
- On a die cut circle I stamped the image using black ink and lightly coloured using polychromos pencils
- I used a scrap piece of white card which had already been die cut using a nesting stitched rectangle (from MFT - not shown) and stamped my sentiment in black, (using a Merriest Christmas to you (from the other PB set) inside the card and on the reverse of the envelope) before attaching to my card using dimensional foam tape
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- CASe This Sketch - challenge No. 275 - SKETCH - see below
- Pile It On - challenge No. 143 - ALL SORTS OF HOLIDAYS
- Stamping Sensations - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Cutie Pie - challenge No. 124 - SPOTS and DOTS - hope my glue stick foiling counts as spots and dots!
- The Holly and The Ivy - challenge No. 30 - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES