Is it warm enough? Honestly? I'm melting - now I know how the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz felt! Don't know what I mean? Check out the short video .....
I am currently LOVING the trend of Artist Trading COINS .. I've been making ATC's for years so this is a refreshing change. I had a snippet of a gelli plate experiment left over that was just crying out not to be abandoned in the snippets box, so ........
- Off cut of a gelli plate experiment (for details see bottom "materials" photo)
- Black card strip, approx 3" wide and A4 in length
- Circle dies to cut 2¼" and 2½" diameter circles
- Versamark ink and the aurora embossing powder, heat set
- Stickers from the Tim Holtz book
|Tim Holtz Idea-ology sticker book "chit chat"|
Stampers Anonymous CMS263 - "Sideshow"
Versamark ink - Cosmic Shimmer "Violet black aurora" embossing powder
|TCW and Tim Holtz stencils, Fresco zesty zing, Stamp Oasis iridescent red and Pebeo iridescent pink paints|
|My journal page|
- One page of my Crawford and Black journal (£1 from The Works) gesso'd and then brayered with Fresco paints (at Craftathon recently) Bora Bora, South Pacific and Zesty Zing
- The "ART" definition image was stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- The alphabet images, "Create" and the person under the umbrella were stamped using the Versafine ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and then heat set (yes, in THIS hot weather - now that's keen!)
- I used the waterbrush and ink blocks to colour the image
- Using the Posca paint pens I doodled the borders, embellished the sentiment and border and highlighted the "create art daily"
|STAMPS:-Dylusions alphabet, Creative Expressions CEC851 "Inspiring Edges" and Ditzies Designs definition|
Versafine onyx black ink and Clear embossing powder
Derwent Inktense blocks and a Caran d'Ache water brush
Posca paint pens in black and white
|The colours look much warmer and true to life in this shot too|
I'll be entering this journal page for the following challenges:-
|Here's how the glass bead glitter gel dried|