Can you believe it's nearly the end of June? The longest day of the year has passed too, the stores will soon be selling back to school items, despite the fact that school hasn't finished for the summer yet! Shopping networks will be talking about Christmas in July and trying to get us all to start our Christmas card makes - ha ha - too late shopping network, I'm racing towards the finish line with that particular project .. so there! How are the rest of you doing?
Still, that's PROBABLY not why you stopped by my blog today so, on to the craft makes I have to share with you......
|I wanted to use one or other of these snippets - one a gluestick foiliing snippet and the other?|
a piece left over from my masterboard Artist Trading Coin batch make
- White 12cm square, 250gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to fit and one of black, cut to mat
- Snippets of card in white and black
- My snippet of gluestick foiling ... want to see how I did it? Check my post here or watch the video by Sara Naumann here
- Unbranded and MFT dies used to die cut my sentiment panel and a matting layer for my gluestick foiling snippet
- HLS sentiment stamped using black ink
|Unbranded faux stitched circle and MFT Wonky stitched rectangles" dies|
Happy Little Stampers "Butterfly Birthday" stamps
Memento tuxedo black ink
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 374 - FROM YOUR "BITS" BOX
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 301 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting With Friends - challenge No. 70 - ANYTHING GOES
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 535 - CIRCLES
- Seize The Birthday - June 21st challenge - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES
And then following on from a video by Kim Dellow, that I watched recently ... always good to try new things! This took me a little out of my usual comfort zone but - see what you think.
|The front of my mailer|
|And a closer view of the mailer front, to show more detail|
|The reverse side of my mailer|
- One Amazon cardboard mailer envelope
- Dylusions acrylic paint in bubblegum pink and crushed grape - the only two Dylusions paints I own!
- Brunel and Franklin white acrylic paint
- Various brushes
- Posca pens (black and white) for doodling
|Dylusions paints in grape jelly and bubblegum + Brunel Franklin white paint|
Posca paint pens in black and white (not shown)
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- WeLovetoCreate - challenge No. 9 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- Happy Little Stampers - June Mixed Media challenge - LAYERS .. lots of layers of paint!
I realise that mine's nothing like as artistic or brave as Kim's but .. it IS my first attempt at freehand mail art (with paint rather than stamping) so please be kind. And the video? Check it out below