Hope you've had a great week and have a great weekend to look forward to - seems like the weather may even be kind to us. It's almost like summer round here.
So, there I was, trawling t'internet and I saw a video by Sara Naumann using Paper Artsy products and a glue stick. A GLUE STICK? I had to watch, haven't we all got one of those in our collection and ..... what exactly do we use them for? I use mine for attaching unmounted rubber to acrylic blocks and that's about it! I have to say that I really quite enjoyed this exercise and like the less "precise" effect obtained with the glue stick, and (of course) I LOVE the shine of the foil finish - have a look and see what you think .....
|And a closer view of the image panel|
- White 12½cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of card (one white and one grey, cut to 12cm square
- Two pieces of white card cut to 11½cm square
- Snippets of card in white, black and grey, for the image and sentiment panels
- Fresco paint in bora bora dry brushed across my white snippet and allowed to dry
- Using a circle stencil by Dylusions (not shown below) I applied the adhesive from my glue stick, rubbing with my fingers to ensure the glue was evenly applied.
- Removing the stencil and then placing the foiling sheet over my adhesive, burnishing well - before setting aside to dry.
- Peeled off the foiling sheet carefully and rather liking the kind of distressed application of the foil
- I had used a baby wipe to clean up the excess bora bora paint and I swiped this baby wipe across a snippet of white card for my sentiment panel
- Snippet stamped using black ink, for the insert I also used the happy birthday sentiment from the Hobby Art set
|STAMPS: Penny Black "Allegra", Hobby Art "Thinking of Ewe"|
Paper Artsy fresco paint in "bora bora", Memento tuxedo black ink
Glue stick and Jones Tones foiling sheet
- More Mixed Media - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES + (unused) OPTION of PURPLE (surprised aren't you?) ... paint/stencilling/foiling/stamping!
- Pause, Dream, Enjoy - challenge No. 23 - CIRCLES
- A Inky Mess - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- Happy Little Stampers - June challenge - MIXED MEDIA "LAYERS" - card layers + paint/ glue/foiling/stamping
- Creative Artiste - challenge No. 39 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
- ATC blank
- Snippets of card in textured blue and white
- Paper Artsy fresco blue paint and Hobbycraft white paint brayered on to the white snippet and set aside to dry
- Whilst the paint dried I stamped the grid image on to the textured blue card
- Butterfly image stamped using blue ink, sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heat set
- Sentiment and coffee ring image stamped using black ink
|STAMPS: Kaisercraft mini grid, Precious Remembrance Shop "Positive Thoughts", Stampers Anon THMM103|
PAINTS: Hobbycraft white, Paper Artsy fresco "bora bora"
INKS: Ranger Archival jet black and cobalt blue + clear embossing powder
- Crafting by Designs - June 6th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Creations - challenge No. 367 - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Craft Room Door - June 5th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 315 - BUTTERFLIES
- Pammie's Inky Pinkies - challenge No. 1822 - ANYTHING GOES