Saturday, 7 April 2012

Morning and welcome to the weekend dear readers

Hello,

Well, the weather was pretty nice yesterday and hubby went flying all afternoon, leaving me free to craft my socks of but .... did I? Not really, it took quite a while to tidy up my work space so that I actually COULD craft and, by that time, my mojo got bored and nothing much happened! I did make one card but it's for a future challenge so I can't share it with you all yet - sorry!

Over on craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It it's time for a new sketch/theme and this week it's the turn of Rosie - she's posted a photograph based on the fact it's Easter! Here's my card for the theme

Materials used:
  • White C6 card and matching envelope
  • Sheet of Kraft card, cut in to a panel slightly smaller than my base card and a panel slightly larger than my image panel. An off cut used for the sentiment
  • Sheet of 8" x 8" DCWV card cut in to a panel slightly smaller than the Kraft panel and given a Martha Stewart corner punch treatment
  • Not sure if the image is Sugar Nellie or LOTV but it's inked in Memento tuxedo black and coloured using alcohol markers and glitter pens and the panels corners rounded
  • White card panel slightly larger than the image panel, coloured with Distress Stain in spun sugar and then a Stampers Anonymous check image inked in Versamagic malted mauve and stamped several times to create the border before mounting on the Kraft panel.
  • Strip of white card coloured with two coats of Distress Stain in spun sugar
  • White grosgrain ribbon coloured using Copic "silk" and Pro Marker "dusky pink"
  • Two each of the paper flowers in mauve and pink attached to the ribbon using glossy accents
  • Kraft panel cut round a letraset sentiment
  • Six faux pearls to finish
Here's Rosies photo from which we had to take our inspiration


Hope you like it - you can see everyone elses take on the theme appearing over the course of the week over on the craftbubble group, Craft Mad and Loving It.

It's also time to rise to a new challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog - why not check out their new challenge here, and see what Chrissie and Mandi have in store for us this week! The theme is "THREE SHADES OF GREEN" - hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Lots of lovely inspiration from both Chrissie and Mandi to set your creativity flowing. First time I read the challenge I completely missed the bit about there being THREE shades of green, so glad I checked out a fellow LIM-ettes blog before I headed to my table of craftiness otherwise mine might have been disqualified! Ooopsie! Here's my first attempt, I don't really LOVE it so look out - there may be another before the week is out!
Materials used:
  • White linen effect DL card and matching envelope
  • Paper Artsy Flower stem inked in Memento bamboo leaves
  • Paper Artsy hedgerow and Kaisercrafts sentiment inked in Brilliance thyme
  • Flower stem coloured using green mica powders (free with Card Making and Papercraft!
The weather is supposed to be pleasant enough so you might find yourself making the most of it out in the garden. Me? No way - I'm off to the mall to meet up with a fellow crafter, Georgie, for a chat and a coffee!

Happy Saturday - HAPPY EASTER too - don't eat too many Easter eggs!

41 comments:

Chrissie said...

Glad you spotted the rather large Three Kathy!
Lovely image and it's great to see a DL shaped card for a change!
Happy Easter!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gillian said...

Love the flower card, so beautiful

Kimberley said...

What a lovely get well card and great for the LIM challenge.

Chantal said...

lovely card for a delicate attention!

Scrapmate said...

Whether it qualifies or not I love the image.

Ellen said...

Beautiful flower card!
Ellen X

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, gorgeous flower card, beautiful shades.
An Easter hug from Palma

Gibmiss said...

Hi kathy
Fabulous card ..... very nice
Hugs sylvie
xxx

clare said...

super cute bunny card kathy. delicate green tones on your LIM card. x

Jenni's Jems said...

Such delicate colours and very pretty card x

Rosemary said...

beautiful image... lovely card!

Katina said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. I really like your LIM one.
xx

Christine said...

Beautiful card!

Mandi said...

This is just FAB Kathy
Thank you for your kind comments and yes I'm feeling lots better today
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Lovely LiM card Kathy. Very pretty.
Lynne xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Have a Happy Easter.
hugs {brenda}

Where did my message go? Is Blogger playing up again??

Louise said...

Super cute LOTV card. Love the details to your border and the corners.
Stunning 2nd card. A card done to perfection I think!
Hope you have a Happy Easter x

Lilian said...

Lovely cards Kathy well done, I love the get well card. Really pretty, Hugs
lilian

Carole said...

Lovely card Kathy ... wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter.

Suze Bain said...

Lovely get well card Kathy, that's a very pretty flower stamp. xx

Sue said...

Hi Kathy
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
In answer to your question about the Vaseline on the card, is nothing, as far as I know it can't be removed. And as long as you don't slorm it on there shouldn't be a problem. I have used it very sparingly and can't see it on the finished card.

Love your card pretty stamp used on the card.
Sue :)

Viv said...

Pretty card Kathy :) Viv xx

Anne said...

Kathy this is beautiful, love it!
Anne
x

Sally H said...

Two beauties, Kathy. I love your LIM card - gorgeous!

Vee Ramsden said...

I neeeeeeeed that stamp, love your card xxxx
Vee

GinaA said...

Fab stamp and it looks great in green.

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, yes, is the same: stamp, card stock, ink and cards base, is like classical music...variation about the theme:D.
An Easter hug.

sarah's little snippets said...

Two super cards Kathy, I love the wee rabbit image and your LIM card is gorgeous. Sarah x

Margie said...

I really like your card Kathy, especially the mica effect. Now if the colour choice was purple, guess you would have been in your element LOL. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment.

Ohneilly said...

Hi Kathy,
Love this card, very crisp and feminine,
Beautiful,
Claire x

Aileen said...

Love the delicate feel to your LIM card. Perfect for a get well card. Super easter card too and look at all those mini eggs!! x

Linby said...

Lovely card, perfect for a get well wish.
Linbyx

Bonnie said...

I love the long narrow card and this is such a pretty flower!

Elaine said...

Great card - love the stamp you've chosen!!

Jenny said...

I love the beautiful flower in green Kathy...just like a botanical study and a gorgeous card :0)
Jenny x

Sally said...

A fab card Kathy & a beautiful stamp.
Sally x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Fantastic Easter and LIM cards. Love 'em both x

Linda said...

Stunning card, so simple yet very elegant. I love the flower stamp xx

Ji Hye said...

You might not love it, but I do! I still try making flowers in different ways... I love yours!

Mrs.B said...

I think this is gorgeous, very stylish flowers.
Avril

Debbie said...

The flower is gorgeous soooo pretty if I was poorly this is a card I would love to receive :)