Sunday, 1 April 2012

Morning and welcome to Sunday - pinch punch first of the month (and no returns!)

Honestly, April 1st already - where IS the year going, so fast?

No April Fool for me though I might go buy a paper shortly - to see what jokes are played in the press - anyone remember the spaghetti harvest?

It is my weekend to present the challenges over on Craftbubble's Craft Mad and Loving It group and yesterday I presented a sketch with a masculine twist and today is the turn of a themed challenge. I have selected "HOUSEHOLD OBJECTS" - now this could be anything from using household items to make a card (such as j-cloths or washing up scrub sponges to give texture) to including household objects on your project (T-Bags as a gift perhaps) to making a card using a household image ..... which was the way I went. I made my first card using this image and thought I could do better!!!! - wonder which you will all pick as the preferred card ....




Materials used:
  • 6" square 300 gsm card and matching envelope
  • Two panels each of black and hot pink card - for rectangular layers
  • Strips of black and hot pink card edged with a Fiskars edging punch
  • My Minds Eye (Stella Rose) lampshade image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the hot pink panel
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento tuxedo black directly on to base card
  • Faux crystal gemstone to embellish the lamp
The sentiment was also inked on both the envelope and insert and the lampshade inked (in Versacolour pink) on the insert, to co-ordinate




Materials used:
  • 5" 7" 300 gsm white card and matching envelope
  • Kraft card panel cut almost card size and to form a rectangular panel to mat the image on to. I used a Paper Artsy small splat image inked in Memento Rich Cocoa to add interest to the Kraft border
  • Offcut of Costco double sided card (the other side is pink and yellow, as it happens) cut to a rectangle and distressed using a Tim Holtz distressing tool. I then ran round the edge with the rich cocoa ink pad
  • Imagine That mix 'n match sentiment inked in Memento Rich Cocoa
  • Lace attached to my base panel using a tag gun, to allow some movement of the lace on the card.
  • My Minds Eye (Stella Rose) lamp image inked in Memento Rich cocoa and stamped on to white card before mounting on to another offcut of Costco paper and then Kraft paper with the same border effect with the P.A. splat image.
  • Kaisercraft glitter "droplets" to embellish card and "shade"
Hope you like them both though, like me, you'll probably far prefer one over the other.

Have a fab April and a splendid Sunday

8 comments:

Debs M said...

love both of them x

Brenda Brown said...

Both fabulous Kathy, but I bet you can guess which one I prefer - it has to be the second one. Just my style.
Hope you have a great Sunday and enjoy reading your paper.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lauren Hatwell said...

I'm a big fan of these cards Kathy ;oD. Love your lamp image and the lace is perfect with it.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

I'm afraid I do remember the spaghetti tree....that must certainly age us!!!!

Lilian said...

Love both cards Kathy. Hugs lilian

kingstonmama said...

Fabulous lamp. It works great on both cards, but I really love the second one in brown. Ann Y.

judit said...

I love both of them. The first one is very funky! judit x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE these! xxx