Sunday, 4 September 2016

Hey there .. it's Sunday morning again ....

Hi there readers, how's your weekend coming along?

I've some journaling to share with you again today .... it's odd but I never seem to get as many comments when I add journal pages to my blog ... is it because my followers don't journal, my journaling's not up to much or is it that other entrants to mixed media challenges don't blog hop much ... I wonder. I'm just curious .. I have no intention of giving up with the journaling as I so enjoy the freedom.

My journal page
Materials used:-
  • One page of my A5 journal ... it had previously been gesso'd, painted and stamped but I was neer happy enough with it to finish it ..... so, started again by brayering some freso paints in squid ink and bora bora, lightening the squid ink a smidge with some regular white acrylic to knock back some of the colour intensity.
  • Using a JOFY criss cross border image stamped around the outer edge using Color Box white ink
  • Crafters Companion chevrons and grungy star in a circle stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue
  • Crafters Companion circles and grungey blot stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Crafters Companion larger stain stamped using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Stampers Anonymous letters stamped randomly (and partially) using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Stampotique "Moth Fab" image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and coloured using Sharpie markers
  • Once Moth Fab was cut out (leaving a white border to give her definition from the grey background  I adhered her using Cosmic Shimmer glue.
  • Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 (for Stampers Anonymous) sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink and highlighted using a white Signo Uniball gel pen



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 245 - USE AT LEAST ONE SNIPPET
  2. Creative Artiste - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES


14 comments:

lilian said...

Great page I think your journaling is good mate, Love the image
Lilian

Cara said...

Just been catching up on all your fab makes recently. Loving today's journal page, wonderful . Cara x

Di said...

Totally love this Kathy! Your colours of course and loads of lovely detail as well. I've no idea why folk don't comment so much on journaling - I wonder if it's partly as it scares some folk? I know I have to take a deep breath when even looking at all the stuff here I could use to carry on with my journal. Also, you could be right in that the percentage of card makers is much higher - and there are loads of card making challenges of course so often folk hop in to comment from those. But, certainly never give it up - who knows, I might roll my sleeves up before too long and get messy! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

I must admit that journalling, along with scrapbooking is something I have meant to try but haven't got around too. I think it is good for free expression and you can just let your imagination fly and nothing is wrong and maybe that's what scares some people, but you do it really well Kathy. This page is full of lots of imaginative touche and the background colour mix is great and complements your little lady perfectly. x

Krisha said...

Fantastic journal page, I love all the layers.

As to comments.......that's really a fickle thing......on my blog anyway. It's a hit and miss thing. I do find more comments when I post journal pages during the week. It helps to join/follow a lot of mixed media/ journaling blogs......MHO!

Glad you won't give up, cause I'm not planning on it either.....LOL! Hopefully this next week I'll get some journal pages posted that have been setting in the wings.

Liz said...

Wonderful journalling page, Kathy. I must admit, I'm always in awe of crafters who produce creations like this. Several crafty friends do super journalling at a local craft group I'm part of, but I really wouldn't know where to start! xx

Sue - said...

Super page Kathy. No idea why you don't get as many comments but maybe Di has the answer above.

Debs M said...

great page, love that girl! x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your journal page Kathy, and it suits the stamp that you've used so well.

Sue xx

SARN said...

The freedom of art journaling is wonderful isn't it? Perhaps fellow crafters don't feel qualified to comment if it's not something they themselves do???? Just a thought!

Absolutely loving your background on this page.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Louise Wright said...

Love your page. Sorry I have been very bad at blog hopping recently. Decided to make an effort again. I agree journalling is much more 'free' than card making. It's been ages since I've done any....
Super image on yours and I know purple is your colour :-)

Judy McKay said...

Lovely art journal page. Love the design and colors. Thank you forjoining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

Debbie Ellis said...

Awesome journal page, fantastic colours
thanks for joining our challenge over at
http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
Debbie Dt

Tamara King said...

Love your journal page Kathy! Saw your link on the Creative Artist page & popped over here to comment. I'm mainly a card maker but just starting to get into mixed media & am in awe of people who journal x