Wednesday, 28 September 2016

Welcome to WOYWW

Morning peeps,

Hope your week is coming along pretty good, mine certainly is, I've had time to craft, caught up with some friends - all good! This post's a bit heavy on the Christmas cards but .... I hope you will like the makes featured. I picked up a set of Woodware stamps and got cracking - it was one of those days when everything conspired against me and card #1 ended up in the bin!! Eventually I succeeded (IMHO) and I used the sentiment and border from the Woodware set but not the tree I  had originally intended to! Don't you find that life's like that sometimes?

My card
The front and back of my card and the back of my envelope
The inside of my card and the front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • Navy card cut to 9½cm square
  • Woodware border image stamped around outer edges using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Woodware sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Inkadinkado snowflake stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • White gel pen used to doodle a border on to the navy matting layer
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight border and snowflake




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 331 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Make my Monday - challenge No. 31 - NO PATTERNED PAPER
  3. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 268 - ANY HOLIDAY

And, since I'm on a bit of a Christmas roll .. so here's mark II or (in view of the disaster) is it mark III?


My card
And a close up of my embroidering partridge
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • Red card cut to 9½cm square
  • Penny Black image and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink ..... all of the images in this set are soooo cute - you can expect to see more over the remaining time between now and Christmas!!! Don't say you weren't warned!
  • Hero Arts sentiment (for insert and envelope) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • White gelly roll and Faber Castell black Pitt pen used to doodle a border
  • Plaid dimensional gloss (for glasses) and stardust stickles to highlight




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 295 - RECIPE WEEK .... USE THREAD (my partridge is embroidering!!!) - 2nd entry
  2. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) Rudolph Day challenge - FESTIVE BIRDS ... thankfully there IS such a thing as a grey partridge!!!!
  3. Weekly Christmas card challenge - challenge No. 42 - ANYTHING ( Christmas) GOES
  4. Incy Wincy Designs - September 19th challenge - THINGS THAT FLY
  5. Just add ink - challenge No. 331 - JUST ADD WINGS

And now for a pic of my work desk this week ....






15 comments:

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - love all the sparkle.
Kath x

Louise Wright said...

beautiful first card and I love the cuteness of the second. Fab makes x

SARN said...

Loving the first Christmas card - very glitzy and cool. The second one made me chuckle!

Still a pretty tidy desk you have there mate!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

Two great Christmas cards Kathy and I love the sparkly star and the doodled edge on the first, and the fun PB partridge image on the second with some more fabulous doodling round the edge which rings it all together. x

Sharon said...

Love your cards this week Kathy as they really show how wonderfully diverse you can be. Sheer elegance on the first one and so amazingly cute with the second one. I adore that little partridge and really smiled when I spotted the thread and embroidery hoop. Very clever. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Joan said...

Wonderful cards!!! The partridge card is really sweet! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Christine Blain said...

Your quirky partridge Christmas card is just delightful, Kathy! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week. :)

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

Susan Powell said...

Both cards are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

laurie said...

Cute cards! Great CAS design,too.Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenge!

Esther said...

Fantastic cards Kathy! I love the cool elegance of the first one, and the sparkle! Your LIM card is awesome, such a clever use of thread for our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing, and have a fab weekend :)

Clemente Batan said...

Love the details on the bird's crown. Thanks for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Things That Fly Challenge. Good luck!-Maria Giselle

Mandy LaCroix said...

LOVE that partridge card! SOOO cute! :)
Thanks for sharing over at Christmas Card Challenges!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

Chrissie said...

Two more great cards Kathy, I love the little partridge stitching away!
Thanks again
Chrissie
"Less is More"