As we rapidly approach "that time of year", despite the forecast of an impending heatwave ... you can't help but start to think of Halloween. I have a much underused set of the now defunct Smeared Ink's fabulous Halloween GRUMPIES and thought it was time to give them some love/ink/colouring - check them out. If I'm honest, I DO prefer the pumpkin ATC but fear that may be down to colour choices rather than any failing on behalf of the vampire!
|I LOVE this image - so cool!|
- ATC blank
- Snippets of black, orange and white
- Smeared ink "Grumpy" and sentiment stamped on to the white base panel and another snippet of white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Kaisercraft mini triangles and mini grid images stamped partially on to the coloured base panel
- Alcohol markers used to colour the white base panel, the grumpy image and sentiment
- Sentiment cut out in to strip and matted on to black card
- Grumpy image fussy cut out and adhered to the now coloured base panel using dimensional foam tape
- Stardust stickles to highlight
- Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the pumpkin
- White gel pen used to doodle a border on the black background
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
- Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 127 - ANYTHING GOES
- Melonheadz - September 12th challenge - HAND COLOURED IMAGE
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 211 - ANYTHING GOES
- Simon Says Stamp - Work it Wednesday challenge - STAMPING
- Wicked Wednesday ATC challenge - challenge No. 227 - GETTING READY FOR HALLOWEEN
And on to another Halloween make ... I really like the grumpies although I'm not quite so sure about the teeth (or rather, my treatment of them) on this one!!! I really didn't like it when I just had the pink background with the crackle and mini dots .... I personally think the coffee rings and numbers make a huge difference and now I love it!.
|Don't Grumpies make great vampires?|
- ATC blank
- Snippet of red card, white card and a second snippet of white card - for my image
- Smeared ink "grumpy" image stamped using Memento tuxedo black before fussy cutting out
- Alcohol markers used to colour image and white base card
- Kaisercraft crackle image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
- Kaisercraft mini dots stamped using Memento rosebud ink
- Kaisercraft mini grid and mini numbers image along with Stamplorations coffee stain all partially stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
- Faber Castell black pitt pen used to draw back in some of the images "whiskers" .. which, frankly, I was NEVER going to be able to fussy cut out to my own satisfaction!
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the "crackle" image and Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the grumpies eyebrows and cape!
- Black pitt pen and white gel pen used to doodle a border on the red matting layer
- Simon Says Stamp - Monday September 12th challenge - AT THE MOVIES .... I went with DRACULA!!!
- Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 329 - ANYTHING GOES
- Through The Craft Room Door - September 13th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- The Mausoleum of the damned - challenge No. 3 - ANYTHING GOES
And now for today's Friday Funny which I found on Facebook so there's no entry in the draw this week ... hope you like it!