Friday, 30 September 2016

Welcome to the start of the weekend, with the Friday Funny!

Morning all,

With Christmas less than 13 weeks away I seem to have gone in to overdrive with making Christmas cards which is good news for me but perhaps I should apologise to those of you who may be fed up of seeing them ... More bad news, here comes another!


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • One red card panel cut to 9½cm square
  • Stampers Anonymous Crazy Bird and Crazy accessory stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers used to colour images before using the co-ordinating die cuts ... sooo much easier than fussy cutting myself!!!
  • Woodware sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink ... I picked this sentiment because of the flourish to the "T" as it was simply THE perfect snowy perch for my crazy bird!
  • Stardust stickles to highlight




I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - Rudolph Day challenge - FESTIVE BIRDS
  2. Dragonfly Journeys - challenge No. 75 - SHAKE A TAIL FEATHER
  3. Incy Wincy Designs - September 19th challenge - THINGS THAT FLY
  4. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 313 - FALL FEATHERS
  5. Just add ink - challenge No. 331 - JUST ADD WINGS ... 2nd entry, or 1st if my previous didn't qualify

I've been in Blackpool this week .... visiting friends and, since it's "Illuminations" season - we simply HAD to take a drive along the prom!



You can see the tower ballroom in the background

Love this decorated tram!



There are a few more pix but I've saved them for tomorrow as I thought that it would be too many in one post!

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Jan - thanks mate, feeling pretty safe myself now too!




Have a fab weekend everyone

9 comments:

lilian said...

Great card Kathy.

Love the F F

lilian

SARN said...

Phew! Me too (feeling safer!).

Lovely illuminations photo's can't wait to see more tomorrow.

Sweet festive make you have there.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, loving your crazy bird in his Santa hat. Lovely pictures of the illuminations. I've never been to Blackpool and wanted to go to see the illuminations. My friend and I decided this week to book a short coach trip but we've missed the boat! All booked up. Your photos are lovely. A really great Friday Funny again this week. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Pat said...

I love your cute SA bird with his sweet little sparkly santa hat Kathy, such a fabulous fun Christmas card. Great photos of the illuminations and Friday Funny, I am completely safe then..lol. x

Viv said...

Great card Kathy, I never tire of seeing those crazy birds.Super photo's too and that Friday funny really made me laugh ;) Viv xx

Jeannie said...

Hi Kathy! I love your bird with the cute Santa hat! What a fun Christmas card for those to receive. Great pictures and the Friday funny really cracked me up. I watch way to many crime dramas! Thanks so much for joining my Shake your Tail Feathers challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Those birds are my faves and your little Christmas guy is SWEEEEET! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
Hugs,
Pam
TT DT
www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

Jan said...

Such a cute little Christmas bird, Kathy and I love the the sparkly touches you've added to him too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Debi said...

Great card. I love doing the inside and envelopes to match. Thanks for sharing this in the Fall Feathers Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. Good luck. Debi TT DT