Summer School is back on the private blog I belong to, the talented Clare Lloyd has stepped up to the plate for the past couple of years and come up with some very diverse and creative projects to keep us out of mischief in the school holidays ..... This year's project was a box canvas but she declared that we could use what stash we had .... so an A5 journal stepped up to be my take on the class of 2016!
We've been going through all of our old photographs and getting rid of those we no longer love .. I saw this one and thought it seemed perfect for my project, just love the joyful expression which doesn't seem to be simply confined to my face!
- A5 Journal page which had been coated with white gesso
- Creative Expressions text image stamped randomly using stazon vibrant violet ink
- Kaisercraft script image stamped randomly using stazon gothic purple ink
- TCW293S stencil used with Ranger white pearl dabber and Paper Artsy fresco paint in orchid, applied using a piece of cut and dry
- Once dry a wash of acrylic ink (a blend of purple lake and silver pearl, to add a sheen) was brushed over the top of lesson one. Being translucent the base layer shows through
- Using a Stamposaurus stencil and an almost dry baby wipe I knocked back some of the colour, adding more texture to the mix
- Time for a little stamping ... I stamped some Stamplorations boxed words on to white card and the ? sentiment/words directly on to my page using Ranger Archival jet black ink.
- Using cool grey and violet zig clean colour brush markers I coloured the sentiment
- Lost Coast Stamps image stamped on to tissue paper using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink and, once totally dry, I split the tissue layers and adhered using matte gel medium
- The video of our summer school project showed a hand drawn face .. and I'm so rubbish at faces ... and ... well, HAD to be done!
- I used a quickie glue pen and some pink foil .. which didn't react BRILLIANTLY with the matte gel medium and also a Faber Castell big Pitt pen to doodle in some of the "waves"!
|Lesson One started with gesso then stamping and a layer of acrylic paint through a stencil|
|Lesson two added a watercoloured layer of acrylic ink and some of the|
colour knocked back with a stencil and a baby wipe
|Some stamping on to white card and also directly on to my journal page|
|A little water colouring, for definition|
|Stamping on to tissue|
|My tissue layer, separated from the rest and stuck down using matte gel medium|
I will be entering this for the following challenges:
- Welove2create - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- More mixed media challenge - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Mixed media world - challenge No. 17 - SUMMER/SEA/NAUTICAL well ... vacation and water SHOULD count (I hope!)
|These are just the negatives!!!|
|This was me (and a couple of friends) waaaay back in 1991!!|
And now for this week's Friday Funny for which we may all blame my pal, Mary - thanks mate!