Sunday, 25 September 2016

Welcome to the last Sunday in September!!! AND it's Rudolph Day too

Morning all

As the title says .. it's the last Sunday in September and it's 13 (SHORT) weeks till Christmas - YIKES! If that is sending you in to a tail spin about Christmas then you may be glad to hear that there are two more Rudolph Days to assist you with your 2016 Christmas card quota!! I've a Christmas card to share with you today myself ....

My card
The reverse of my envelope and inside of my card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9½cm square
  • Two pieces of red card cut to 9.9cm square
  • Snippets of card in white, black and red, for my image and matting
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to colour
  • White grosgrain ribbon coloured using a red Pro Marker
  • Star buckle brad .. I cannot even remember the last time I used a brad of any description - YAY! Destashing!!!!
  • White gel pen to doodle a decorative border on the black mat
  • Stardust stickles to embellish



I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - September Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 248 - USE SNIPPETS
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - challenge No. 300 - USE A SENTIMENT (Believe - check!)
  4. My Sheri Crafts - challenge No. 191 - CHRISTMAS



23 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

I so like the Santa in profile and star belt buckle, a great combo.

Love and hugs
Maarit

lilian said...


Great card Kathy and loving Santa,

Lilian

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done on ticking another off your list.. its actually freaking me a little how close it is as haven't made many cards, going to get my brain into gear! thanks for sharing, Kathy!
Shaz in oz.x

SARN said...

Happy Rudolph Day! Simply LOVE that Santa image. Great card xxx

SARN said...

And you used RIBBON AGAIN! Are you feeling ok? LOL! xxx

KandA said...

Hi Kathy, love this fabulous card with the super Santa profile stamp and great design. Thanks for joining in the fun over at Rudolph Days xx

Sandy Palmer said...

Love all the sparkle on the Santa! Love how you used the same image on the envelope and inside of the card! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Aquarius said...

Great image and a lovely Christmas card

Jane Willis said...

I love the way the belt buckle star picks up the idea of the star on santa's hat!
Jane

Sue - said...

Fab card Kathy! Love that Santa.

Krisha said...

Great Santa image, your made a fantastic card and envy with it.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous CAS RD card, great image and sentiment, love the touch of black.

Kath x

Linby said...

Love that santa image and the way you used him for your card.
Happy Rudolph day

Joan said...

Great card, love the star buckle

Pat said...

This is a really pretty card Kathy and I love your Father Christmas and the star ribbon slider embellishes it beautifully. I have my DT hat on today so thank you for joining us for the September Rudolph Days Challenge. x

Barb said...

I love this. He's a fun Santa image and I love the way you've made his belt! Barbxx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

a great set of wonderful Christmas card.
Hugs,
BozenA

Jean said...

I love the way you have used this fabulous Santa stamp. a great card with matching envelope too.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

What a beauty! Lovin' that star buckle brad, the great image and your carefully stamped inside to your card. The envelope looks great too!

Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon x

Hazel said...

Please ignore my previous comment - I think it was a big senior moment. It should be: Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 300 - hope to see you again soon x

Sarah said...

Oh this is SO cute! I love how you've repeated the image inside, too! Love this! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

MaryH said...

A fab Santa, and love the star buckle. Terrific design layout, and a gorgeous Rudy Day card. As always, the envie is just wonderful to mail your delightful card. TFS & Hugs