Saturday, 24 September 2016

Welcome to Saturday ... challenge day again ...

Hi there readers and followers,

Nice of you to drop by and I hope you will like what you see.


My card
Front and back of my card
Inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9cm and 9½cm square + a snippet for my image panel
  • Black card cut to 9½cm square
  • Hero Arts mother and child image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Image panel matted on to snippets of: silver, bright pink and then black card
  • Stardust stickles to highlight image panel



I'll entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. That's Crafty - September 16th challenge - CHRISTMAS IN SEPTEMBER
  2. Creative Friday - challenge No. 162 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  3. Paper Creator - challenge No. 51 - CHRISTMAS
  4. Crafting by Design - September 21st challenge - GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS
  5. Inkspirational - challenge No. 118 - GLAMOUR .... with that sumptuous ribbon and glamorous vintage image I THINK it fits the brief, don't you?

I really like the layout above card AND it uses some ribbon I've had for AGES ... you may well see me trotting out another similar make - you HAVE been warned!

And on to another make now .....

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of the envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of the envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • Navy card cut to 9½cm square, for matting
  • Small hole punch used to make five holes top and bottom of the smaller card panel
  • Silver thread threaded through holes and fastened off on the reverse
  • Sizzix die cut snowflake embellished with glitter and affixed centrally over the threads
  • My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I used a Chocolate Baroque snowflake to co-ordinate the insert, reverse and the envelope
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 295 - it's SKETCH or RECIPE week this week and it's to "USE THREAD"
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 116 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Fussy and Fancy - challenge No. 173 - MY FAVOURITE THINGS .. taken rather literally since I've used MFT sentiments which I HOPE will not disqualify my entry! Additionally, my favourite thing IS CHRISTMAS!
  4. Simply Papercraft for all occasions - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES

Have a tremendous weekend everyone


18 comments:

Bea said...

Really pretty CAS card and so nice for Christmas :)

Esther said...

Lovely makes as always Kathy, so striking and stylish. Love your glamorous vintage image, and your Less is More threaded snowflake - so fabulous! Thanks for playing :)

Diane said...

Elegant and pretty card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
Diane FAF DT

Gina Knott said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the colour of the ribbon and beautiful design. Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Pat said...

Two wonderful cards Kathy. I love the pretty silhouette image and the bright pink ribbon which co-ordinates with the matting and layering, and the snowflake with the thread behind is a great idea and the CB snowflake on the inside and the envelope is a beautiful touch. x

Gerrina said...

Clever and fun way how you used the tread on your LIM card! The other set looks verry glamourus! Enjoy the weekend!

SARN said...

WOW - this is SOOO cool! Love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Susan said...

Such a terrific idea to add the thread to the snowflake. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oooh! Yummy threading there Kathy and a super elegant and striking Christmas card. That snowflake makes Winter seem even closer - even had to pop my fluffy socks on this evening. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

cotnob said...

Fabulous Christmas cards, great designs.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator.
I have candy on my blog Crafting with Cotnob if you would like to take a look.
Pauline
x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card and matching envelope---Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

kuya said...

Lovely cards and pay an amazing attention to the small details.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Friday!

Hugs,
Heike

Katja said...

Such a beautiful card.

Thanks for playing with us @ Creative Friday.
Hugs, Katja

Neets B said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting, Kathy. That snowflake stamp is gorgeous and I love how you've incorporated your silver thread, so effective.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Marina said...

Your image is the epitome of old Hollywood-style glamour with perfect attention to detail. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry for the really late visit Kathy
This is really effective use of thread!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Shauna said...

What lovely cards! You are putting me in the Christmas spirit! I certainly think both of these cards could be described as glamorous. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Theresa Pace said...

very elegant card. love the CAS feel to it but so striking. thank you for sharing it with us at FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT xx