Case in point, the project I have to share with you today. There I was sorting through my scrap book papers following the scrap book retreat where I discovered I had loads of these papers which I would NEVER use and some just too nice to leave in the storage box so ...... I found one piece of 12" x 12" with a chunk missing ... no good for an actual layout but, perfect for a partial - OR a card so that's where I went. It's something you've probably not seen from me in a while ... CUTE! Check it out below ... I tried to colour her using the same colours from the stripes too!
|And a closer view to show the colouring and background stamping|
|The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope|
|The inside of my card and the reverse of the envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of burnt orange card cut to 14cm square + snippets for matting image and sentiment
- One piece of white card cut to 13½cm square
- One piece of Junkitz Essentials paperz (Salsa skinny stripe) cut to 13½cm square
- Snippet of black card, for matting
- Julie Nutting, for Prima, image and sentiment stamped on to white card snippets using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Narrow white grosgrain ribbon
- Alcohol markers to colour image, sentiment and grosgrain ribbon
- Paper Artsy JOFY circles image stamped using Memento angel pink ink
- Paper Mania adhesive shimmer dots used to embellish the background, sentiment and image
- Image panel affixed to base card using Dimensional foam tape ... for a change! Sometimes only dimension will do - in this world of "avoiding LARGE postal rates!"
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 212 - MAKE YOUR MARK
- Penny's challenge blog - challenge No. 296 - ANYTHING GOES
- Create and Inspire - challenge No. 52 - ANYTHING GOES
- Melonheadz friends - September 12th challenge - HAND COLOURED IMAGE
- Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 444 - PARTY TIME .... my Julie Nutting image is sooo ready to PART-ay!