Friday, 23 September 2016

Morning and welcome to the weekend

Morning 

Hope your week is coming to a satisfactory close and that you have some nice plans for the weekend. Not sure what we'll be doing ... hubby's spending a lot of time renovating a property with a pal so I've plenty of time to craft ...

Case in point, the project I have to share with you today. There I was sorting through my scrap book papers following the scrap book retreat where I discovered I had loads of these papers which I would NEVER use and some just too nice to leave in the storage box so ...... I found one piece of 12" x 12" with a chunk missing ... no good for an actual layout but, perfect for a partial - OR a card so that's where I went. It's something you've probably not seen from me in a while ... CUTE! Check it out below ... I tried to colour her using the same colours from the stripes too!


My card
And a closer view to show the colouring and background stamping
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of the envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of burnt orange card cut to 14cm square + snippets for matting image and sentiment
  • One piece of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of Junkitz Essentials paperz (Salsa skinny stripe) cut to 13½cm square
  • Snippet of black card, for matting
  • Julie Nutting, for Prima, image and sentiment stamped on to white card snippets using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Narrow white grosgrain ribbon
  • Alcohol markers to colour image, sentiment and grosgrain ribbon
  • Paper Artsy JOFY circles image stamped using Memento angel pink ink
  • Paper Mania adhesive shimmer dots used to embellish the background, sentiment and image
  • Image panel affixed to base card using Dimensional foam tape ... for a change! Sometimes only dimension will do - in this world of "avoiding LARGE postal rates!"




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 212 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  2. Penny's challenge blog - challenge No. 296 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 52 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Melonheadz friends - September 12th challenge - HAND COLOURED IMAGE
  5. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 444 - PARTY TIME .... my Julie Nutting image is sooo ready to PART-ay!
And now for the Friday Funny - I found this on facebook and was, quite simply, unable to resist sharing it!



Nor this one!




Have a fabulous weekend everyone


13 comments:

maria f. said...

Love those bright colors and how you've decorated the envelope too.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab project and I love the Friday Funnys too. Rally brought a smile to my face. Have a great weekend. Lx

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. Such lovely colouring and it goes so well with your backing paper. I like how you decorated the envelope too, great idea!

SARN said...

Loving the use of bright stripy paper on your card and the images you chose to go with it.

Happy Friday.

Hugs, SArn xxx

Pat said...

A fabulous Julie Nutting image Kathy and prettily coloured to match that lovely bright striped paper, and a wonderful vivid pink ribbon which brings it all together beautifully. x

Barb said...

A super card and decorated envelope Kathy. She's a great image and I absolutely love the paper. Barbxx

Debs M said...

ooh love that paper, great card x

Louise Wright said...

I love the way you take the time to add detail to the envelope and insides of the cards you make- it is the extra special touch. Super colour scheme :-)

Tanja said...

love how you repeated the focal image - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Penny’s challenge 296 – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for so much for sharing your sweet card in the MelonHeadz Friends "Hand-Colored Image" Challenge!

Creative world said...

Lovely card,beautiful image and love your choose of colors...Thank you for joining us at ATSM these week
Hugs Željka DT

*Vicki* said...

Such a wonderful card!! I love the bright colors! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member