Saturday, 1 October 2016

Welcome to challenge Saturday

Hi there peeps,

The weekend has rolled around again - got something nice to look forward to? I know I do so .. I hope for the same for you all.

Anyhoo, by way of a thank you for the hospitality of friends recently I made the card and gift tag below....

My card
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and the front of my envelope
My co-ordinating gift tag ... guess what my thank you gift was??!?!!??!
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 and 9½cm square plus snippets for the gift tag, image panel and sentiment
  • Snippet of black card, for matting on the gift tag
  • Deep red DCWV 8" x 8" linen effect card which I used to mat the image panel on both the card and gift tag - I love it when there's so little waste!
  • Sadly, I've had both the image and sentiment (both unmounted rubber) that I don't recall who the manufacturer is ... but they were both stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Deep red organza ribbon - for the gift tag
  • 2½" circle punch and crop-a-dile - for punching the holes in the gift tag
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 445 - CLEAN AND SIMPLE
  2. Morgans ArtWorld - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. DL Art - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Thanks so much for your hospitality, M&B, much appreciated ... they took us out to lunch on Wednesday, to a rather smashing brewery ... splendid place and lovely food, such a shame we caught them on such a bad day with the service. If you are ever in the area I recommend you visit but suggest you make your beer selection before taking a seat for lunch or dinner, we'd happily go again but with that proviso!

It was in an old mill
What a fabulous bar
Just a small selection of craft beers then?!??!
I tried the one on the extreme right - very tasty, I'd have that again!
Our dear friends Barry and Mary
And now, since it's Saturday, you may well have swung by to check out my usual Saturday challenge makes ..

My card
And a close up which hopefully will show more detail of the
stamps and colours used
The front and back of my card and the reverse of my envelope
The front of my envelope and inside of my card
Materials used:
  • 10cm square, white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9cm square
  • Two panels of lilac card cut to 9.4cm square
  • Snippets of card in white, lilac and turquoise for the image and sentiment panels
  • Kaisercraft "mini grid" and "crackle" images stamped using the closest ink I had to turquoise which turned out to be Memento Bahama blue - sorry ladies!
  • Kaisercraft "mini dots" and Dimension "faux brick" images stamped using Brilliance  pearlescent purple ... which is actually pretty lavender-y!
  • Penny Black Iris image and The Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight the bloom



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 296 - COLOUR CHALLENGE ... TURQUOISE and LILAC
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 218 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Aloha Friday - challenge No. 81 - BIRTHDAY

Now I'll close by wishing two friends (Sue and Karen) a very


And our dear pals Sally and  Roger, a very 



12 comments:

SARN said...

Super cool thank you card and bottle neck tag.

Loving your challenge card too.

Looks like fab bar in your pictures and a great place to visit.

Happy World Card Making Day. Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Esther said...

Fabulous cards, Kathy! As always, I love your attention to detail and the matching insides/envelopes... a lovely touch. Your first card and tag are so stylish and your friends will be thrilled to receive them. I love the design of your LIM card with that gorgeous flower and visually interesting background. Fab entry to our colour challenge this week at Less is More - thanks for playing!

Barb said...

What a great tag for the bottle of wine. It's certainly very stylish. I love your Saturday card too. That background looks beautiful and I love the sparkle on your flower. Great photos. It looks a lovely venue. Enjoy your weekend. Barbxx

Pat said...

A gorgeous thank you card and bottle neck tag Kathy, also your birthday Irises are extremely pretty and I love the sparkle too. x

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us over at Brown Sugar this time. We hope to see you again next week.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Brown Sugar DT

Sharon said...

Fabulous background to that Iris, Kathy and such a beautiful entry for out challenge. Love that grunged look whilst still in keeping with CAS. Your thank you card and tag are so stylish too in such pretty colours. Looks like you had a wonderful time having dinner at that brewery. Lucky you! Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More. xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Super cards kathy. Fab photos too. Looks like u had a great time.

Brenda Brown said...

Great cards Kathy, that thank you set is very elegant and the brewery visit looks good, shame about the service though xxx

DIANA L. said...

Super cards Thanks for sharing your outing to the brewery fun times

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Chrissie said...

What a pretty flower stamp Kathy and such a subtle background too!
Lovely!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Dori Shelton said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenges this week!

Gerrina said...

Sorry, ever so late in comming her and look at your LIM card...just to find not one but two beautiful cards and a tag! Love that couplestamp and the colours on the first. But your LIM-card is smashing with that background and the touch of christal! Hope you have a fun week!