Saturday, 13 August 2016

Good Morning an early morning post from me .....

and I'll be back later with another post, probably!

I'm delighted to have been asked, by Marina, to be a Guest Design Team Member over at Inkspirational and today their challenge goes "LIVE"




So, without further ado .... here is my make for their challenge  ... as you can see, I went with both and yet ... it's still kinda CAS!.


My card
And a closer view of the image panel and faux gemstones
 
And here's the co-ordinating front, back and inside of my card along with the front and back of my envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of grey pearl card 14cm square, reserving the remaining strip for matting my image panel and sentiment
  • White card cut to 13½cm, for my insert
  • Papermania papers (from the liquorice sherbet set seen in the pic below) - I chose the same pattern in two different shades of grey (see below right), with the light patterned piece cut to 13½cm square and the darker patterned piece cut to fit the width of my grey pearl snippet
  • Chocolate Baroque floral image and Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Grey grosgrain ribbon adhered to my image panel using Stix2 narrow double sided tape
  • Dimensional foam tape used to adhere my sentiment panel
  • Small faux crystals placed on the sentiment and image panels

 

I hope you will pop along and support this challenge .... catch you later with my more usual Saturday post ... probably!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:- 
  1. Seize the Birthday - August 11th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. As You Like It - August 11th challenge - FAVOURITE FLOWER and why ... I am really loving this stylised flower because of it's perfect proportions and almost art deco style - suits so many occasions
  3. Cardz4Galz - challenge No. 28 - MONOCHROME .. black through grey - I hope that black and grey still counts as monochrome, if not then I'm sure the DT will let me know
  4. Crafting with an attitude - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING GOES
If you want to head straight to my second post of the day then please click on this link, thank you.

20 comments:

Marina said...

Just soooo elegant! I love your monochrome colour scheme, with just the perfect amount of bling. How beautiful all the co-ordinated elements are ...I never do this and I really think I should because it makes the card so special.
Thanks Kathy, for being a wonderful Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

Clare Lloyd said...

Super card kathy, didn't know about that blog so now a follower.

Nonni said...

Beautiful monochrome card, I love the paper you chose! Thanks for being our GD at Ink!

SARN said...

LOVE those flowers. Really like the card and the stamping on patterned paper. Congrats on your GDT spot.

Happy Saturday. . . . can see you've done a second post . . . will take a look xxx

Pat said...

This is very pretty Kathy and Chocolate Baroque stamps are some of my favourites, and the silhouette flowers look beautiful on that patterned background. Congratulations too on being a Guest Designer over at Inkspirational. x

Stamps and Paper said...

LOvely card Kathy

Anne

Shauna said...

Congrats on the guest DT position! It is wonderful having you design with us at Inkspirational! I love the subtle color profile that you used here. The dual stamped image/sentiment look great and their orientation is unique!
- Shauna

sandie said...

Gorgeous soft colouring and love the touch of bling. Sorry to have missed you last week, I hear you had a ball. Great to have you as our GD x

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the neutral colors and your pretty patterned paper and flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Crikey! Patterned paper! Love what you did with t. Your image chimes beautifully with it. Fab! Lx

Cara said...

A stunning card in shades of grey (not 50 obviously)m very elegant. Cara x

cm said...

A chic, stylish monochromatic ensemble, Kathy! The paper, the stamping, the perfect amount of bling...classy through and through! Thank you for being fabulously inspiring as our GD for this challenge!
~carol

Julie B said...

Yep, definitely monochrome Kathy! Love the CAS layout of the card and what a fab stylized flower. Oh and congrats on your GD spot too.
Thanks for linking up and sharing it with us at Cardz4Galz. :)

lilian said...


Great card Mate and congratulations on the GD slot,

Lilian

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved Guest DT post, Kathy! Your design with stamping on pp is fabulous!! I love doing that for quick cards, so thanks for the reminder of how great it looks! Hugs, Darnell

Zw@@n said...

Stunning creations, Kathy. Gorgeous colours and design. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Cazro said...

Chic, elegant and certainly monochrome. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you again. Caz DT.

Patti said...

YEAH! Guest designing is so much fun!!Your card is brilliant! love this color combo.

Thanks a bunch for playing along at Seize The birthday!

Patti

shirley-bee said...

Very elegant, and a great way to use up patterned paper! Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Pia Larsen said...

Just gorgeous! And fabulous with coordinating envelopes too :)
Fantastic to have you join us at INK.
Pia xx